ROL NEWS--Redesigned K250W-P Motor Tripoli Certified

Redesigned K250W-P Motor Tripoli Certified April 25, 2006 Web posted at: 12:45 PM EDT
(ROL Newswire) -- The legendary AeroTech K250W motor (P/N 11250W-P,
$249.95 retail) has been recertified by the Tripoli Motor Testing (TMT) committee as an 83% K with an 8.6 second burn time. See the K250W news dated 11/30/05 on the AeroTech website at www.aerotech-rocketry.com. An instruction sheet in PDF format is also available for download from the website. The redesigned K250W will begin production shortly and shipments to dealers should begin in approximately two weeks.
Source: RCS Rocket Motor Components (RCS), Inc.

Is this motor really worth $250 a shot? I think a full L is around that price.
I suppose it has a place if you don't intend to recover the rocket.
Brian Elfert
Get the Ellis Mtn L330-P motor for $209.00 (I think) It's over 2800ns and a very long burn and a completely self contained single use motor. No closures needed. The original AT K250 was an AWESOME motor. Too bad that AT can't source fiberglass casings to make them like the old ones. Daniel
Brian Elfert wrote:

Buy the Loki K350 reload for only $159.99.
-JT
Saw those fly at the Three Oaks Launch this weekend! Now I have another case to buy! lol ;-). Your product rocks!
Mark Palmer
--

"Jeff Taylor" < snipped-for-privacy@dev.null> wrote in message
news:EHJ3g.104$ snipped-for-privacy@fe11.lga...

Ever hear of Waltons & Rocket Hunter tracking devices? They work.
Phil Stein wrote:

Better yet... The Beeline GPS Transmitter is the way to go.
http://www.bigredbee.com/BeeLineGPS.htm
DSC
On 28 Apr 2006 00:53:39 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Yeah but then you have to get another license. I'm gonna, one of these days.

The (ham) license may be moot point... There is a question as to whether both the Walston (Not Waltons) and RocketHunter are illegal. They transmit on the 219Mhz frequency, which is used for tracking wildlfe. Using them for tracking rockets may be in violation of the FFC regs. Besides it's not that difficult these days to get a no code ham license.
The best thing about the Beeline GPS transmitter is just that... it transmits the GPS coordinates!!! No "tracking" is required... just recieve & decode the GPS coordinates and use a portable GPS unit to walk/drive right up to your rocket.
DSC

I agree a ham license is great, and bee products are cool.
However, the 219 frequency is being used to track thieves,by law enforcement.
219 Trackers were on the news showing how they were retrieving runaway Alzheimer's patients who wander off their rest homes.
Businesses are using it to track money shipment containers.
It's being use for allot more the wildlife tracking nowadays.
You can also get them in cabalas on 219 to track your beagles that runaway.

runaway.
I think this region of the spectrum is used for a lot of things. Wildlife tracking is certainly one legal use, most of the dog/hunting/falconry transmitters use this set of frequencies. Medical, education, and law enforcement, as you mention, share this as well.
Some guy even puts a transmitter into the tip of an arrow to help track animals after you've shot them with a bow!
I wonder which part of the regs authorize tracking shipment containers???
-- Greg
Probably similar to the ones that let them tap phones without the court's permission. The we can do whatever we want in the name of national security act.
On Mon, 1 May 2006 19:15:16 -0700, "Greg Clark"