[Planet News] Tripoli Motor Testing committee certifies two new Warp-9™ relo ads

AeroTech Information Release

11/30/06

The Tripoli Motor Testing (TMT) committee of the Tripoli Rocketry Association has certified two new high-power RMS? reload kits using AeroTech's "Warp-9" propellant, the 38mm I1299N-P and the 75mm K1499N-P.

The I1299N-P generates the highest thrust ever produced by an 'I'-class hobby rocket motor, exceeding 330 pounds. The K1499N-P is perfect for use as a short, high-performance booster in a multi-stage rocket, developing nearly 430 pounds of thrust. Delivered specific impulse (propellant performance efficiency) was measured at 224.6 seconds for the I1299N-P and 223.1 sec for the K1499N-P.

Reload kit designation I1299N-P K1499N-P Part No. 09129P 11149P RMS hardware designation 38/480 75/1280 TMT total impulse (N-sec) 423 1,322 TMT burn time (sec) 0.32 0.88 Propellant weight (g) 192 604 Loaded motor weight (g) 422 1,741 Retail price $49.99 $129.99

Warp-9 reloads are currently sold in a plugged configuration because of the tendency of Warp-9 propellant to occasionally "snuff out" a delay charge, due to the extremely fast chamber pressure decay rate. Rockets using Warp-9 motors must employ a timer, altimeter or radio-actuated recovery system.

AeroTech is now accepting orders for the new Warp-9 reloads and anticipates shipments to dealers to begin in January. Rouse-Tech has the new 75/1280 hardware needed for the K1499N-P in stock and available for immediate delivery.

TMT certification documents, assembly drawings and motor instructions for the I1299N-P and the K1499N-P may be downloaded in PDF format from the Resource Library on the AeroTech website at

AeroTech Consumer Aerospace is a division of RCS Rocket Motor Components, Inc., Cedar City, UT.

Reply to
Planet News

Any news on the Sky Ripper 54s? They should have been submitted at the same time........guess gas takes longer to burn. ;-)

Chuck

Reply to
Chuck Rudy

At the same time???

I heard they were submitted over a year ago.

What gives there

Reply to
JR