ROL NEWS--NAR Certifies New Motors

NAR Certifies New Motors July 11, 2005 Web posted at: 2:42 PM EDT

(ROL Newswire) -- The following motor has been certified by NAR Standards & Testing for general use as model rocket motors effective April 10, 2005.

Aerotech: F20 LUR (Limited-Use Reloadable)

29mm X 83mm F20-4, 7 (51.75 Newton-seconds total impulse, 30.0 grams propellant mass)

The following motor has been certified by NAR Standards & Testing for general use as a High Power Rocket Motor effective March 15, 2005.

Animal Motor Works: J230 SK

54mm X 326mm J230-P (5804.45 Newton-seconds total impulse, 525.7 grams propellant mass)

Note: The manufacturer rates this for at least three uses per case. S&T has tested the system with four used per case with no real change in performance.

Source: NAR Standards & Testing

Reply to
ROL News

"Animal Motor Works: J230 SK

54mm X 326mm J230-P (5804.45 Newton-seconds total impulse, 525.7 grams propellant mass) "

Yeah baby :)

Joel

Whoa there, Tex!!! A J motor with over 5800 Newton-seconds? In my book, J motors top out at 1280 Ns. With an average thrust of 230 Newtons, that motor would burn for over 25 seconds... Me thinks we have a serious typo...

James

Reply to
James L. Marino

" Whoa there, Tex!!! A J motor with over 5800 Newton-seconds? In my book, J motors top out at 1280 Ns. With an average thrust of 230 Newtons, that motor would burn for over 25 seconds... Me thinks we have a serious typo...

James"

AMW lists the J230 at 995 NS. Just a slight error. And how did the come up with the .45? That is way too accurate.

Will you be at TCC on Sunday James?

Reply to
Jim

You bet I will. Got a 3" Arliss-K rocket to test fly. Even have a team of students with a can-sat for it. I just hope the "W" stays away. I have to pop the main at altitude to deploy the can-sat, and blowing the main at 7K+ kind of goes against my grain. But, it's to support a team of students, and I need the practice with the Walston. Only flying a J415 in it. A regulation Arliss flight would use a K700. But there is no way to talk me into popping a main at 11K there. That's just not going to happen. Black Rock playa, yes. The dairy, no way. Don't want to have to drive to Bakersfield to recover it. 8^(

Thinking about bringing along the 6" Arliss-M, just to show it off. Can't wait to see the reaction when I tell people about the _FREE_ K700's and the _FREE_ M1419's!!!!

(Hehehehe... I love this hobby!!!!)

James

Reply to
James L. Marino