Crayon model rocket plans question......

I just bought one of those 3 foot Crayon banks from Toys R Us. Does
anyone have the plans available on how to convert it into a model
rocket?
Thanks
Reply to
JLEJONES
Bought one to do just last week. I am just going to cut a couple of centering rings for a 38mm motor mount, three fins out of some old plexi I have laying around and then glue it all up.
Reply to
Tweak
Also a parachute might be nice.
Koffee Kan K? Nah, I'll just take an N motor case, weld some fins on it, paint it pink with Crayola on the side and let 'er rip. Chute? Pah, who needs a chute. I'm launching like those west coast devils now. Who cares where it comes down?
But seriously, if I have to specifically mention using a recovery system...well, you guys take yourselves too seriously. Seriously.
Reply to
Tweak
How serious can it be if it comes from Toys R Us?
Serious rockets come from Home Depot, Aircraft & Boat Stores.
Phil
Reply to
Phil Stein
Actually, to seriously reply to this, serious rockets are found at the Cape, in missile silos and onboard subs.
Reply to
Tweak
There really aren't any plans, but converting one is not too tough. If you've built a HP kit or two, you get what I mean. Get a standard 29 or 38MM motor tube, make custom or modify existing centering rings, make some fins, and finally make a bulkhead for the nosecone and add a recovery system.
Joe Michel
Reply to
J.A. Michel
" snipped-for-privacy@COSLINK.NET" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@16g2000cwy.googlegroups.com:
I put one together as a tube finned rocket and certified Level 1 with it this summer.
The following link won't provide plans, but will provide some guidelines.
I used parts from two crayon banks to cobble together a mid-power Crayon V2.
Other than that, Google is your friend.

ScottE
Reply to
ScottE
I built a G-power rocket based on Kaplow's Skywriter-100 plans a couple years ago. Flies great on G-power and its construction gave me some tips that helped me scratch-build my first level 1 rocket. I now have a 54" crayon bank that I hope to build into my level 2 cert rocket. It will basically be an "upscale" of the Kaplow machine.
David Takemoto-Weerts NAR # 80818 L1 JPL Solar System Ambassador Davis, CA
Bob Kaplow wrote:
Reply to
twotired
I used crayons for my level 1 and level 2 as well, here is a link to my web page which shows how I constructed the fin can for the level 2 54inch crayon.
The Dickinson's

Site Timeline