Crayon model rocket plans question......

I just bought one of those 3 foot Crayon banks from Toys R Us. Does anyone have the plans available on how to convert it into a model rocket? Thanks

Reply to
JLEJONES

Bought one to do just last week. I am just going to cut a couple of centering rings for a 38mm motor mount, three fins out of some old plexi I have laying around and then glue it all up.

Reply to
Tweak

Use a 98mm motor and these fins

a parachute might be nice. Phil

Reply to
Phil Stein

Also a parachute might be nice.

Koffee Kan K? Nah, I'll just take an N motor case, weld some fins on it, paint it pink with Crayola on the side and let 'er rip. Chute? Pah, who needs a chute. I'm launching like those west coast devils now. Who cares where it comes down?

But seriously, if I have to specifically mention using a recovery system...well, you guys take yourselves too seriously. Seriously.

Reply to
Tweak

How serious can it be if it comes from Toys R Us?

Serious rockets come from Home Depot, Aircraft & Boat Stores.

Phil

Reply to
Phil Stein

Seriously?

Reply to
Tweak

Actually, to seriously reply to this, serious rockets are found at the Cape, in missile silos and onboard subs.

Reply to
Tweak

Seious within the context of rmr. I neglected to mention metal and industrial supply places.

Reply to
Phil Stein

And scrap metal yards.

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

There really aren't any plans, but converting one is not too tough. If you've built a HP kit or two, you get what I mean. Get a standard 29 or

38MM motor tube, make custom or modify existing centering rings, make some fins, and finally make a bulkhead for the nosecone and add a recovery system.

Joe Michel

Reply to
J.A. Michel

" snipped-for-privacy@COSLINK.NET" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@16g2000cwy.googlegroups.com:

I put one together as a tube finned rocket and certified Level 1 with it this summer.

The following link won't provide plans, but will provide some guidelines.

I used parts from two crayon banks to cobble together a mid-power Crayon V2.

Other than that, Google is your friend.

ScottE

Reply to
ScottE

See:

Darrell D. Mobley

My plan was in Sport Rocketry a couple years back. It's also here...

Bob Kaplow

Looks like the link changed - I found it at

Anonymous

Thanks. Noted.

Reply to
Bob Kaplow

I built a G-power rocket based on Kaplow's Skywriter-100 plans a couple years ago. Flies great on G-power and its construction gave me some tips that helped me scratch-build my first level 1 rocket. I now have a

54" crayon bank that I hope to build into my level 2 cert rocket. It will basically be an "upscale" of the Kaplow machine.

David Takemoto-Weerts NAR # 80818 L1 JPL Solar System Ambassador Davis, CA

Bob Kaplow wrote:

Reply to
twotired

I used crayons for my level 1 and level 2 as well, here is a link to my web page which shows how I constructed the fin can for the level 2 54inch crayon.

The Dickinson's