Crayon model rocket plans question......

I just bought one of those 3 foot Crayon banks from Toys R Us. Does anyone have the plans available on how to convert it into a model
rocket? Thanks
snipped-for-privacy@COSLINK.NET says...

Bought one to do just last week. I am just going to cut a couple of centering rings for a 38mm motor mount, three fins out of some old plexi I have laying around and then glue it all up.
--
Tweak

On 29 Nov 2006 10:25:36 -0800, " snipped-for-privacy@COSLINK.NET"

Use a 98mm motor and these fins https://secure.consumersinterest.com/hawkmountain/components.asp?groupidQ20056414747 Also a parachute might be nice. Phil
snipped-for-privacy@ArielSystems.spamsks.net says...

https://secure.consumersinterest.com/hawkmountain/components.asp?groupidQ20056414747
Koffee Kan K? Nah, I'll just take an N motor case, weld some fins on it, paint it pink with Crayola on the side and let 'er rip. Chute? Pah, who needs a chute. I'm launching like those west coast devils now. Who cares where it comes down?
But seriously, if I have to specifically mention using a recovery system...well, you guys take yourselves too seriously. Seriously.
--
Tweak

On Wed, 29 Nov 2006 14:48:10 -0500, Tweak

How serious can it be if it comes from Toys R Us?
Serious rockets come from Home Depot, Aircraft & Boat Stores.
Phil
snipped-for-privacy@ArielSystems.spamsks.net says...

Seriously?
--
Tweak

snipped-for-privacy@ArielSystems.spamsks.net says...

Actually, to seriously reply to this, serious rockets are found at the Cape, in missile silos and onboard subs.
--
Tweak

On Wed, 29 Nov 2006 15:21:30 -0500, Tweak

Seious within the context of rmr. I neglected to mention metal and industrial supply places.
Phil Stein wrote:

And scrap metal yards.
There really aren't any plans, but converting one is not too tough. If you've built a HP kit or two, you get what I mean. Get a standard 29 or 38MM motor tube, make custom or modify existing centering rings, make some fins, and finally make a bulkhead for the nosecone and add a recovery system.
Joe Michel

I put one together as a tube finned rocket and certified Level 1 with it this summer.
The following link won't provide plans, but will provide some guidelines.
http://www.rocketreviews.com/reviews/scratch/red_hot_wax.html
I used parts from two crayon banks to cobble together a mid-power Crayon V2.
http://www.rocketreviews.com/reviews/scratch/cv2.html
Other than that, Google is your friend.
http://www.google.com/search?q=crayon+rocket
ScottE
snipped-for-privacy@COSLINK.NET wrote:

See: http://www.drsuesrocketworks.com/CrayonX1X2Projects.html
--
Rocketry Planet hobby rocketry news, feature articles, news archive,
discussion forums, live chat, free auctions, launch calendar and the

My plan was in Sport Rocketry a couple years back. It's also here...
    http://www.NIRA-Rocketry.org/LeadingEdge/NovDec01.pdf

Looks like the link changed - I found it at http://www.nira-rocketry.org/Document/NovDec01.pdf
--
Mike KD7PVT
NAR #70953 - Sr/HPR Level-1 ~ BEMRC - NAR Section #627
nojunk@this_address.com (Mike Pearson <see .sig>) writes:

Thanks. Noted.
I built a G-power rocket based on Kaplow's Skywriter-100 plans a couple years ago. Flies great on G-power and its construction gave me some tips that helped me scratch-build my first level 1 rocket. I now have a 54" crayon bank that I hope to build into my level 2 cert rocket. It will basically be an "upscale" of the Kaplow machine.
David Takemoto-Weerts NAR # 80818 L1 JPL Solar System Ambassador Davis, CA
Bob Kaplow wrote:

I used crayons for my level 1 and level 2 as well, here is a link to my web page which shows how I constructed the fin can for the level 2 54inch crayon.
http://members.cox.net/shortckt4/Rockets1.html#crayon
--
Mike Dickinson
snipped-for-privacy@cox.net