ROL NEWS--Rouse-Tech Authorized as New AeroTech Hardware Manufacturer

Rouse-Tech Authorized as New AeroTech Hardware Manufacturer April 15, 2005 Web posted at: 1:00 PM EDT
SAN JOSE, CA (ROL Newswire) -- Rouse-Tech is pleased to announce they
have been authorized by AeroTech to become a new hardware manufacturer of AeroTech licensed rocket reload hardware including forward closures, casings, and aft closures. Gary Rosenfield, President of RCS Rocket Motor Components (RCS), Inc. stated "I'm really excited that Tom is licensed with RCS as an RMS hardware manufacturer. Tom has accumulated a great deal of business experience over many years with his contracting company and more recently with his Rouse-Tech line of CO2 deployment devices, which I believe is directly applicable toward running a successful rocket motor hardware business. I look forward to working with Tom to help improve the availability, quality and diversity of RMS hardware." For the 2005 flying season, Rouse-Tech will be manufacturing the complete line of AeroTech hardware which will also include the smaller sizes of 18mm, 24mm and 29mm hardware sets. Rouse-Tech hardware will be available in two types: Standard Gold anodised hardware (which will feature a unique "hard anodised" aft closure) as well as Deluxe Hard Anodised hardware (forward closure, case and aft closure manufactured with military spec hard anodising). The special order Deluxe Hard Anodised hardware will be much tougher than normal hardwarehaving higher heat tolerances and being extremely difficult to scratch. Dealers may contact Rouse-Tech immediately to place orders. The product will be available for shipment in at the end of April in smaller sizes and early May for larger sizes. A large stock of all hardware will be kept to insure that all dealers and flyers will be able to receive hardware in less than a week after orders are received. Rocketeers wanting new hardware with the improved rear closure coatings, contact your dealer as soon as possible to place orders in time for the flying season. For more information 408.268.7440 or send email to Tom Rouse at snipped-for-privacy@speakeasy.net.
Source: Rouse-Tech
So dos this mean the Dr. Rocket will no longer be making hardware?
Les.

My own interpretation is that Aerotech wants to get out of the low-end 18/24/29 hardware making business, and this is who will be doing it -- note: this is pure guesswork on my part...
David Erbas-White
Les Kramer wrote:

My interpretation is that Rouse will be doing "value-added" cases.
That for production cost and capitalization rerasons he is starting with the small end when developing an inventory.
The low end market is fairly easily saturated.
The volume is in the middle. 29mm and 38mm.
As the government cracks down more and more, 24mm will emerge.
Jerry

Hi Jerry- I will be manufacturing the entire line of hardware for Aero-Tech re-loads. From the 18 mm to 98 mm. A HUGE investment is being spend on a complete inventory of all sizes. Prices at the retail level have been lowered and dealer margins increased. This is good news for all flyers buying hardware and for dealers as they will sell more and get larger margins. So far, Giant Leap and Wildman have jumped on board as dealers since hardware will be availiable. I need to contact all of the other dealers in the country to send them their dealer price sheets. Not an easy task. Dealer support is critical in this product. Not only in pricing, but in product support, sales literature, fast shipping times and joint promotions. Look for all of these in the coming months.
So, you were incorrect in assuming that I will only be interested in the smaller hardware lines. We're going full bore to sell to dealers anything they need.
Have you been to Tahoe lately? Hows the kids?
Tom
snipped-for-privacy@speakeasy.net wrote:

I believe I said I speclated you would do smaller FIRST so you can make the items with less materials and easier distribution channel saturation first.
Good luck with your venture. It sounds like a handfull.
Good thing you are well capitalized!

No not lately. Andrew is fine. He flies rockets. He called Aerotech a couple of times this year for warranty on 18mm RMS issues and says he got hung up on twice. It must be genetic :)
He likes the 18mm and 24mm and looks forward to dad buying him more of those cases.
Jerry
Model rocketry is phun.

He's not flying 40,000ns USR motors? He needs to 'live the lifestyle.'
J- If Andrew is anything like his "Ol Man", I'd guess that he probably stuffed those 18 mm motors full of black powder to get the slotted grain burning faster.
I promise I won't hang up on anyone. Have Andrew call me. :-)
snipped-for-privacy@speakeasy.net wrote:

He has a reload shortage not a casing shortage and your comments while unappreciated, will be passed along to him to tag you.
Again.
Jerry
From Andrew:
Then you're better than Aerotech. That wouldn't work. That would frag the case. Make me a 6.5" 18mm case.
Andrew
You know, I honestly, HONESTLY don't understand Jerry Irvine. I try to be nice and he craps on me. Having fun, and his response of insults. "Unappreciated?" he says??!?!?!?!? It was a fun joke!
Unreal. Andrew- make your own damn case.
snipped-for-privacy@speakeasy.net wrote:

There was no indication it was a joke. This medium has no "body language" or "voice inflection".
It is literal.
YOU stated you felt if he was like me he would fill the motor core with BP.
WE BOTH read it.
We BOTH felt it was INTENDED as a personal attack.
Perhaps you could simply be more careful?
Now you got actual feedback from an actual prospective customer. This is how you reacted. I suggest you reset and restart.
Maybe even hang out with me for a week at Tahoe :)
Jerry
snipped-for-privacy@speakeasy.net wrote:

You've obviously not had the misfortune of enough time on here. You see, irvine is allowed to swear at people, call them morons, make inappropriate references to their families, etc.
But, you have to serve obeisance to him.
Congrats on the casing biz, btw! I'll have to have Kernes give you some grief next time he's down your way.
-Kevin
In article snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com, Jerry Irvine at snipped-for-privacy@gte.net wrote on 4/15/05 5:47 PM:

RCS employees don't hang up on customers.
The 18mm system is probably the most reliable in the line with very few warranty claims.

There is no 18mm reload shortage, but there might be a cash shortage.
In article snipped-for-privacy@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com, snipped-for-privacy@speakeasy.net at snipped-for-privacy@speakeasy.net wrote on 4/15/05 11:32 PM:

SOP
Gary
Gary C. Rosenfield wrote:

jerry probably had Andrew pour way to much Bp into the motor core.

On Sat, 16 Apr 2005 15:17:09 GMT, "Gary C. Rosenfield"

Maybe Jerry is saving up that 40 Gran for The Man. 8-)

I observed the second example.
In article snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com, Jerry Irvine at snipped-for-privacy@gte.net wrote on 4/16/05 7:17 PM:

I don't believe you.
Gary

I am not saying it was intentional. It could be a matter of switching to someone who deals with it and the swiching being done wrong and the call getting dropped.
I find that overall customer service and warranty assistance at RCS/AT to be about the best it has ever been.
Andrew just felt it ironic he got cut off twice :)
Calm down.
Jerry
On Sun, 17 Apr 2005 13:17:36 GMT, "Gary C. Rosenfield"

Jerry lie? Perish the thought!!
snipped-for-privacy@speakeasy.net wrote:

sizes.
That's great news, Tom! Best wishes to you on this new endeavour.