ROL NEWS--Monster Motor Aerotech Hardware from Giant Leap

Monster Motor Aerotech Hardware from Giant Leap July 15, 2005 Web posted at: 8:10 PM EDT

(ROL Newswire) -- Giant Leap Rocketry has released it's line of Rouse-Tech Monster Motor Hardware. It is Aerotech compatible and is made by Rouse-Tech. Monster Motors from Giant Leap feature a hard anodized rear closure, which according to Ed at Giant Leap "makes cleaning easier and makes them last much longer." Ed also points out that Monster Motor hardware is significantly less expensive than other Aerotech-type hardware. The casings are gold anodized with silver end caps. The casings are laser engraved with the Monster Motor name and logo. These are available for immediate shipment. Ed says that "in addition to the low pricing, there is a summer sale until August 20th where buyers can save an additional 10%.

For more information about MONSTER MOTORS from Giant Leap, log on to:

Source: Giant Leap Rocketry, Inc.

Reply to
ROL News

How about anodizing the seal disk?! Those things are a royal PITA to clean because they are raw aluminum.

Reply to
J.A. Michel

I'm pretty sure the Dr Rocket seal disks are anodized.

Brian Elfert

Reply to
Brian Elfert

I have some Dr Rockets that are anodized black, and several that are raw Aluminum. doesn't seem to matter much for cleaning, they both get pretty grungy. if you think about the job they do, it's a wonder we can clean them at all.

still, $10 for a washer seems like a lot. especially after you accidentally throw one away.

Reply to
Cliff Sojourner

Mine is anodized black just like the casing...

Bob Kaplow NAR # 18L >>> To reply, there's no internet on Mars (yet)!

Reply to
Bob Kaplow

Hi guys,

Anodized or not, toss them in a bowl of white vinegar for a few minutes, and just wipe them off. Clean as a whistle. As for the price, try machining one. Time and tooling cost money.

BTW, Cliff... I cast the last two grains for your motor yesterday. Check out the pics on pages 3 and 28 of the Dairy Aire newsletter that just came out. That's the motor. (The designation in that article isn't quite accurate. You know what I mean.) Prep that Smoke, cuz you gonna be a happy camper... 8^)

James

Reply to
James L. Marino

All the ones I have are not anodized.

Reply to
J.A. Michel

Better remains to be seen. Less expensive, not really. Not any less without the 10% off sale.

I compared a complete 38/1080 motor from Dr Rocket and Rouse-Tech. I found the Dr Rocket for $4 more expensive at one site and $15 less expensive at another site during a check of two online stores.

Maybe the 38/1080 motor isn't a fair comparision as hardly anyone buys that case.

Brian Elfert

Reply to
Brian Elfert

I'm sure that GLR means the Rouse-Tech hardware is cheaper compared to the prices posted on the Dr. Rocket Website.

From the Dr. Rocket Website: 38/1080 case: $91.95 From the Dr. Rocket Website: 38/1080 motor: $146.45

From the Giant Leap Website: 38/1080 case: $65.20 (without 10% discount) From the Giant Leap Website: 38/1080 motor: $127.09 (without 10% discount)

Looks good to me. I'm going to try the Rouse-Tech stuff next time I need to buy some hardware.

Reply to
J.A. Michel

You are comparing list price on the Dr Rocket to selling price on the Rouse-Tech. I found selling prices on Dr Rocket to be less than the Rouse-Tech.

Rouse-Tech is probably good stuff and worth the extra dollars, but Giant Leap shouldn't be claiming it is less expensive than the competition.

I might buy Rouse-Tech if I needed motor cases, but I already have the 38,

54, and 75 systems from Dr Rocket. I will probably never buy any 98mm stuff since I started flying the Hypertech M for a lot less money than a 98mm reload.

Brian Elfert

Reply to
Brian Elfert

Just curious, but has AT (RCS) said anything about this? Dr. Rockets is making HW based on a deal with (AT) RCS, and I think there is a patent involved. TMT/S&T/CAR might not care, but it's interesting timing of the press release, as Gary of AT (RCS) is out of the loop due to LDRS...

I know there was an issue in the last few months with CTI making HW for AT loads or CTI making loads for AT HW...

As a buyer, I guess I'd like to see that these are at or above the same specs ad AT or Dr Rockets's HW. (and not that they're easier to clean) And based on what Dr. Rocket HW can really be bought for (not the list price on that site), I don't see any kind of a deal here.

If an AT load cato's in this HW, will anybody cover it? If an AT load cato's in a Dr Rockets case, it will be (Under normal conditions).

Ok.. I gotta ask.. is there a barcode, and is it engraved on the case?

AZ Woody

The MonsterMotor hardware is licensed by AT/RCS, as is the Dr. Rocket stuff.

Reply to
raydunakin

There is press release about Rouse-Tech hardware right on the front page of the AT website, dated 4/15/05, close to the bottom of the page.

J.A. Michel

Where did you see this?

Reply to
AZ Woody

No problem then.. Thought that would have been noted in the PR though, as it can be a confusing point!

Reply to
AZ Woody

A better question is why one lisencee is claiming PRICE as a differentiator with another lisencee at all.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

He has a "pirate" seal disc and is whining.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

What else do they have to use as a differentiator?

Reply to
Darren J Longhorn

Giant Leap just claims that Rouse-Tech is less expensive. They don't mention a particular licensee. I mentioned Dr Rocket as Dr Rocket is almost always less than Aerotech hardware,

Brian Elfert

Reply to
Brian Elfert

I have one too. I don't think they are 'pirated.'

Reply to
Phil Stein