ROL NEWS--Monster Motor Aerotech Hardware from Giant Leap

Monster Motor Aerotech Hardware from Giant Leap July 15, 2005 Web posted at: 8:10 PM EDT
(ROL Newswire) -- Giant Leap Rocketry has released it's line of
Rouse-Tech Monster Motor Hardware. It is Aerotech compatible and is made by Rouse-Tech. Monster Motors from Giant Leap feature a hard anodized rear closure, which according to Ed at Giant Leap "makes cleaning easier and makes them last much longer." Ed also points out that Monster Motor hardware is significantly less expensive than other Aerotech-type hardware. The casings are gold anodized with silver end caps. The casings are laser engraved with the Monster Motor name and logo. These are available for immediate shipment. Ed says that "in addition to the low pricing, there is a summer sale until August 20th where buyers can save an additional 10%.
For more information about MONSTER MOTORS from Giant Leap, log on to: http://www.giantleaprocketry.com/products_atmotors.asp
Source: Giant Leap Rocketry, Inc.
How about anodizing the seal disk?! Those things are a royal PITA to clean because they are raw aluminum.
--
Joe Michel
NAR 82797 L2

I'm pretty sure the Dr Rocket seal disks are anodized.
Brian Elfert
Brian Elfert wrote:

I have some Dr Rockets that are anodized black, and several that are raw Aluminum. doesn't seem to matter much for cleaning, they both get pretty grungy. if you think about the job they do, it's a wonder we can clean them at all.
still, $10 for a washer seems like a lot. especially after you accidentally throw one away.
Hi guys,
Anodized or not, toss them in a bowl of white vinegar for a few minutes, and just wipe them off. Clean as a whistle. As for the price, try machining one. Time and tooling cost money.
BTW, Cliff... I cast the last two grains for your motor yesterday. Check out the pics on pages 3 and 28 of the Dairy Aire newsletter that just came out. That's the motor. (The designation in that article isn't quite accurate. You know what I mean.) Prep that Smoke, cuz you gonna be a happy camper... 8^)
James
writes:

clean
James L. Marino wrote:

I've found that Simple Green, full strength, works great. Just spray it on, a few swipes with a bottle brush, and rinse it off. Even after a few days. I know some people who have a PVC pipe, with caps at both ends, filled with Simple Green. They just plop the emptied motor in the tube and let it sit. No scrub.
All the ones I have are not anodized.
--
Joe Michel
NAR 82797 L2

He has a "pirate" seal disc and is whining.

I have one too. I don't think they are 'pirated.'
Phil Stein wrote:

If jerry had one, it would be pirated.
he just figured that was the norm.
Jerry Irvine wrote:

Really. And exactly HOW do you know it's a "pirate" seal disc?
-Kevin

THe little laser etched skull and crossbones?
Bob Kaplow NAR # 18L >>> To reply, there's no internet on Mars (yet)! <<< Kaplow Klips & Baffle:    http://nira-rocketry.org/Document/MayJun00.pdf www.encompasserve.org/~kaplow_r/ www.nira-rocketry.org www.nar.org
We need to ensure that actions by our government uphold the principles of a democratic society, accountable government and international law, and that all decisions are taken in a manner consistent with the Constitution.
On Mon, 18 Jul 2005 18:11:41 -0500, Kevin Trojanowski

He probably sold it to him. 8-)

Mine is anodized black just like the casing...
Bob Kaplow NAR # 18L >>> To reply, there's no internet on Mars (yet)! <<< Kaplow Klips & Baffle:    http://nira-rocketry.org/Document/MayJun00.pdf www.encompasserve.org/~kaplow_r/ www.nira-rocketry.org www.nar.org
We have awakened a sleeping giant and instilled in it a terrible resolve. -- Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto, WWII.

Better remains to be seen. Less expensive, not really. Not any less without the 10% off sale.
I compared a complete 38/1080 motor from Dr Rocket and Rouse-Tech. I found the Dr Rocket for $4 more expensive at one site and $15 less expensive at another site during a check of two online stores.
Maybe the 38/1080 motor isn't a fair comparision as hardly anyone buys that case.
Brian Elfert
I'm sure that GLR means the Rouse-Tech hardware is cheaper compared to the prices posted on the Dr. Rocket Website.
From the Dr. Rocket Website: 38/1080 case: $91.95 From the Dr. Rocket Website: 38/1080 motor: $146.45
From the Giant Leap Website: 38/1080 case: $65.20 (without 10% discount) From the Giant Leap Website: 38/1080 motor: $127.09 (without 10% discount)
Looks good to me. I'm going to try the Rouse-Tech stuff next time I need to buy some hardware.
--
Joe Michel
NAR 82797 L2

You are comparing list price on the Dr Rocket to selling price on the Rouse-Tech. I found selling prices on Dr Rocket to be less than the Rouse-Tech.
Rouse-Tech is probably good stuff and worth the extra dollars, but Giant Leap shouldn't be claiming it is less expensive than the competition.
I might buy Rouse-Tech if I needed motor cases, but I already have the 38, 54, and 75 systems from Dr Rocket. I will probably never buy any 98mm stuff since I started flying the Hypertech M for a lot less money than a 98mm reload.
Brian Elfert

A better question is why one lisencee is claiming PRICE as a differentiator with another lisencee at all.
Jerry

What else do they have to use as a differentiator?

1. Quality 2. Availability 3. Special features 4. Decoration
There's the top 4.