ATFE Anti-rocketry Video

[from the ARSA news webpage]
ATFE Forces Aerotech To Provide Motors For ATFE Anti-Rocketry Video from http://www.space-rockets.com/arsanews#force
December 20, 2003 - Since the publication by ARSA of the ATFE's attempt to produce an anti-rocketry video on the dangers of hobby rockets to commercial aircraft, vendors and manufacturers have refused to sell to the ATFE. This resulted in a letter from the ATFE to the president of Aerotech, Gary Rosenfield demanding that they deliver 40 G80 motors to the ATFE. The ATFE letter claimed the hobby rocket motors were needed in the interest of national security. The letter claimed Aerotech had no other option under the law and the motors were to be delivered to ATFE agent David Shatzer. Aerotech delivered the motors on December 9th.
--
Did The ATFE Accidently "Torch" Their Van?
http://www.space-rockets.com/arsanews#torch
Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed wrote:

G 80s? National security? This is a sad group if G 80s are the big threat to national security. The motors should have been happily handed over provided Gary was given the opportunity to video tape the event. This stinks of a twisted contortion of the patriot act. All the batfs have to do is yell 'terror' and they can do as they please. This country is going to hell in a handbasket. We need John Stossel to do a piece on them. Or 'it's your money' on ABC. Someone should be ble to expose these frauds.

--

Chuck Rudy

VooDoo Digital Productions
Chuck Rudy wrote:

No, I think Ellis-made G35's are more of a threat. :-)

I concur.
Jerry Irvine wrote:

Gary should have restickered (with the stickers that leave the residue on the inside of the MMT and glues the spent motor in) some G35s as G80s........ :-) ......the group he was selling them to should definitely not play with matches
--

Chuck Rudy

VooDoo Digital Productions

I designate you AeroTech military systems customer service representative.

You can't Jerry. You have no power... remember?
skooter

I designate you irrelevent to the extreme.

You can't Jerry. You have no power... remember?
skooter

I control all of your rmr posts, so I have detectible power :)

I don't see how the ATFE can force Aerotech to deliver anything to them. They cannot take property without compensation,or evidence of some crime(and a search warrant).I don't see how they can force Aerotech to SELL them anything,either.
But I'm not a lawyer,either.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik-at-kua.net

SELL
National security. What are you,... a commie?
{raising the eyebrow and giving the evil eye}
Joel. phx

If necessary, yes!
kaplow snipped-for-privacy@encompasserve.org.TRABoD (Bob Kaplow) wrote in

Just claiming "national security" does not circumvent the Constitution.I still believe if one does not want to do business with a particular customer,a private company CAN refuse. Of course I realize there may be negative consequences. (like the IRS coming down hard on your butt,for starters)
I recall when the US military ordered some Escort radar detectors from Cincinnati Microwave and demanded the packaging meet Mil-Spec,and the company refused;told them if they want detectors,they will get them in the standard commercial packaging. The gov't went ahead with the order with commercuial packaging.(and mounted them on F-4s for a cheapo radar warning system for ACM training.)
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik-at-kua.net

Don't the ATF guys have to be certified to buy these motors? Or does the gummint get an "exemption"?
len.
Leonard Fehskens wrote:

Do you think they had a LEUP and a Type 4 magazine?

Yes.

perhaps the truck was the magazine...
Bob Kaplow wrote:

I think you're not supposed to Discharge the "Explosives" while you and they are _inside_ the Magazine itself... I mean, they probably thought _that_ was so basic they didn't even put it in the orange book.
(Or maybe they thought J350's weren't really explosive, so that precaution didn't apply?)
-dave w