Re: Antone talk to Sen Enzi re: BATFE rocket test

From what I've heard, Senator Enzi was one of several who requested to have an observer there during these "tests". So did Aerotech, TRA/NAR, etc. All such requests were turned down, citing "national security".

Reply to
RayDunakin

Sounds like a copp out to me.

John Hornsby

Reply to
a.hornsbyiii

if they can't trust a U.S. Senator, they have alot bigger problems than mere terrorists

- iz

RayDunak> From what I've heard, Senator Enzi was one of several who requested to have an

Reply to
Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed

They can't trust the U.S. Senator to remain quiet while they fail at shooting down the plane and then have to fake the results to get what they want.

Reply to
Tim

This should be posted in the Washington Post. Prepare some copy, about

200 - 400 words (citesand URL's may be used to conserve space) and I will run an ad.

Just ACTION Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

I want to FOIA the video of the test where they burned up the rental truck. SOme day, their incompetence and stupidity will be front page news, and they'll be run outr of DC with their heads still up their a$$e$.

Bob Kaplow

Especially when they turn down a senator, and blow off a letter he wrote requesting information 2 months ago.

Bob Kaplow

I propose we make that sooner, not later.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

just to complete the reference ...

from

"October 21, 2003 - ARSA received this update from Senator Mike Enzi's office. 'We thought you would be interested in this letter Sen. Mike Enzi sent to Attorney General Ashcroft yesterday, Oct. 16, 2003. Sen. Enzi continues to pursue passage of his hobby rocket legislation. The ATF and Justice Department have warned against Sen. Enzi's legislation saying it could be dangerous. Enzi disagrees and is asking if there is any real justification to support nay sayers claims.'"

Senator Enzi's letter follows at that URL

- iz

Bob Kaplow wrote:

Reply to
Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed

blow off? How do you know the BATFE "blew off" his letter? I've seen or heard nothing that indicates that....have you considered that the BATFE Utah "test" was a direct result of the Enzi letter? I have...

"What is the scientific and/or technical basis for ATF's assertion that hobby rocket motors "could potentially be adaptable by terrorists for use in surface-to-air missiles capable of intercepting commercial and military planes at cruise altitude and for use in "light anti-tank" weapons capable of hitting targets from a range of nearly five miles." Please provide any documentation on which such concerns are based, as well information on all known examples of such activity."

seems to me the reason they purchased all those rocket engines was for these tests was because of the above request by Sen. Enzi....... They obviously do not/did not have any data to back up their initial false claims so they decided to go out and try and prove them.... luckily they almost burned themselves up.......and these are our protection against terrorists, right?

shockie B)

shockwaveriderz

Right.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

I thought they had something like 10 days to respond to a senator...

Bob Kaplow

With a government like this, who needs terrorists to blow up vans?

Bob Kaplow

Cite.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

The $100,000 cite.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

The "tewwowists" are the red herring to justify the NAZI state.

Show me your papers! In every local burg!

Jerry

"Yes, this means that once again, Jerry Irvine is correct: yellow glue is just as strong (or maybe stronger) than epoxy for paper and wood."

- Bob Kaplow

"I find it very interesting to see the virtual lack of common sense, technical expertise, and political consciousness in some of the responses to your postings. Sometimes I wonder what the use would be in responding. Seems some of these folks are not just in left field but are in the street outside the stadium as well. Keep it up."

"Perhaps Bob Kaplow is just interested in preventing an organization that can't seem to follow its own rules, or make those rules known even to members who have agreed to uphold them, from destroying High Power Rocketery as we know it by bringing the regulators at the FAA and BATF down on our heads like a carload of manure."

- Donald Qualls

"GOVERNMENT IS COERCION. Allow one group to use government to advance an agenda, no matter how well intentioned, and everyone else will want to use its force for their own ends." Harry Browne for President in

1996!
Reply to
Jerry Irvine

At least the terrorists are smart enough to use actual explosives instead of flammable solids.

Reply to
RayDunakin

kaplow snipped-for-privacy@encompasserve.org.TRABoD (Bob Kaplow) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@eisner.encompasserve.org:

Right! Nothing they're doing involves any technology not well documented or readily available, so the "national security" cover is clearly bogus. Indeed, we could have told them what was likely to happen....

len.

Reply to
Leonard Fehskens

But would you have, or would you have let them fail just to be sure there was Keystone Cop footage in the national archives?

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

In a recent U.S. News and World Report article concerning the new secretiveness in the current administration (which started the afternoon of W's inauguration--before 9/11) there is rampant and unjustified use of citing "national security" to avoid divulging even innocent information to the public. The Freedom of Information Act is being enormously curtailed so don't count on getting the straight scoop on anything any more.

Scott McCrate NAR 71680

Reply to
Scott McCrate