sport rocketry

Has anyone received their Sep/Oct Sport Rocketry yet? Still waiting for mine, just wondering if it got lost in the mail.

Reply to
Chris Masullo

I got one with NSL on the cover.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

They were available in the first week of Sept on the newsstand at my local hobby shop.

Scott Sager

Mine arrived by mail in early September (and I think I may be near the bottom of the stack: the threads in RMR on "stuff in the latest issue of SR" tend to have come and gone by the time I actually receive the issue in question!)

Could be. You may want to contact NAR Headquarters and tell them your copy never got to you.

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

Yeah, great article too, huh? ;-)

-- Drake "Doc" Damerau

NEPRA President NAR Section 614 NAR 79986 L3
Remove "My Shorts" to reply

Reply to
Doc

Actually your article is good and the whole issue is particularly good. It made me realise Sport Rocketry is a mature, helpful magazine indeed.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

I still waiting for mine too. I have seen the issue in hobby stores. Wonder what's up.

Reply to
Bruce Canino

I love Bob's name for a heli rocket, what a crok !

art

Reply to
Art Upton

If you like "Rotacrock" then you'll love my stupidroc name: "Up Yours" :-)

Bob Kaplow

Reply to
Fred Williams

Tickle laugh.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Sounds Japanese to me. Oclay? ; )

Is this another food container vehicle made from a 7 up bottle?

Randy

Reply to
Randy

Nope. But the name was certainly proved correct at NARAM-22...

That's the 18' A SR model that was first, and was DQed 2 days later based on motor choice. While folks who deliberately broke the safety code were allowed to place in the event.

Bob Kaplow

Welcome to the NAR.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Hey, that's two more days than I had.

Alan

Reply to
Alan Jones

I assume you mean others had hard wood dowels supporting their structure or something.

What motor choice casued a DQ 2 days later ? I assume a non contest certified motor was used and not caught at the sing in desk ?

I assume all hell froze over since you used a non certified motor in the event, and now the cubs are wining even !

Art

Art Upton

no he used a booster motor.

A perfectly well certified booster motor.

Reply to
Chris Taylor Jr

Nope. Holding the rocket and letting go 0.5 seconds before launch, being 2' away when the rocket is launched.

Nope. Estes A10-0T. Contest certified continiously from its introduction around 1973 until 1-Jul-2000. Specifically checked by the Check-in person and declared legal. Contest Jury said otherwise 2 days later. No oportunity to re-fly or make second flight. No Pink Book rule to back up the decision. Several people "DQed" out of the event as a result. One of many things that made NARAM-22 the most FUBARed NARAM in my 29 years of competition...

Bob Kaplow

Just as bad on unfair treatment as TRA is on over regulaton and smiffing money.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine