Sport Rocketry Sept./Oct. 2001

Folks I'm looking for Sept./Oct. 2001 issue of Sport Rocketry, as it has a couple pictures of a local rocketeer that passed away suddenly at a young age of 44. The local fliers are trying to put together a collection of rocketry photos and memorabilia for Karl's family and I'd like to include this issue of SR (my copy is a bit to ratty for this purpose). If you have a copy in good condition that you would be willing to part with, please e-mail me at johnlyngdal[at]tekcom

Thank you,

John

Reply to
Johnly

Der_Red_Max

A big "Oh Duh!" on my part.

Thanks!

John

Reply to
Johnly

Do you want me to scan the page?

Reply to
E.F.

Folks it's all been taken care of. Thank you for helping out.

John

Reply to
Johnly

OLdest scam in the book

Reply to
Josephfromri

I wish it were a scam, as Karl was a friend, a heck of a nice guy who built museum quality airframes. Here's the obituary and the URL to it:

If that isn't enough, take a look at page 37 of the Sept/Oct 2001 SR on page 37.

Now be nice.

John

Obituaries Saturday, October 8, 2005 E-mail this obituary Karl M. Kowert

May 31, 1961 - September 19, 2005

SALEM - Karl Kowert died Sept. 19, 2005 at the young age of 44. Born in Portland, grew up in Sherwood and graduated from high school in

1979. He earned an associates degree from Chemeketa in drafting and he earned a B.S. degree in civil engineering at the Union Institute University in Sacramento, Calif. He did civil engineering work.

He was a very devoted and loving husband and father to his wife, Donna and daughter, Crystalrose. He cherished every minute he could spend with Donna, the love of his life. Karl was a very talented man, accomplished many things. He was listed in the Who's Who among students in American Universities and colleges and the National Deans List.

He is survived by his love of his life, Donna; daughter, Crystalrose; mother, Solange Kowert; biological parents, Bob Hess and Dyan Witman. He was preceded in death by his father, Hank Kowert.

Funeral service will be held 1 p.m., Sat., Oct. 1 at City View Funeral Home. A fund has been established at Umpqua Bank to accept donations for expenses of the widow. Arrangements are by City View Funeral Home, Salem.

Obituary Policy

All obituaries are submitted through funeral directors; if you have questions regarding an obituary, contact the mortuary listed in the obituary. Basic obituary information is published at no charge. A fee applies to obituaries that include additional information. For more information or to report errors, call 503-399-6791 or 800-556-3975 from

8 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Friday and from 2 to 7 p.m. on weekends.

| Schools & Youth | Sports | Outdoors | Business | State News | Opinion | Special Sections | National News | World News | Weather | News Archives | Search News | Entertainment | Real Living | Travel | Photo Galleries | Milestones | Community | Classroom NIE | e Technology |

| Home Page | News | Life | Shopping | Our Services |

Copyright 2005 Statesman Journal, Salem, Oregon Contact us with your questions or comments about the site. Use of this site signifies your agreement to our Terms of Service (updated December 18, 2002).

Reply to
Johnly