Nobel winner liked to 'blow things up'

Found this interesting. In today's paranoid, over-policed, hypersensitized, super-PC climate, what would have happened to this guy?

Vince

Yeah, I saw that too and had the same thought. Nowadays he'd be treated like a terrorist or Columbine killer.

Reply to
raydunakin

Yea in my high school you'd get in trouble just talking about anything that burns let alone doing any kind of experiments.

-- TAI FU

Tai Fu

So did the guy who created the Nobel prize...

Reply to
Bob Kaplow

Lookee what " snipped-for-privacy@aol.com" said!

I remember buying some Estes motors from our local Wal-Mart. The cashier was horrified when he saw them. "Oh, God, what if those kids at Columbine got something like this!"

And the worst part of it is, this waste of oxygen gets to vote.

Bill Sullivan

"Don't overestimate the decency of the human race."

- H. L. Mencken

Reply to
The Rocket Scientist

your right on Bob !

like he invented dynamite and nitro and nitrocelluloss power and most things of war in the late 1800s ?

(yet)!

AlMax

Remember, half the voters have below average IQ. Which explains a LOT!

Reply to
Bob Kaplow

Next time you go to wal-mart to buy motors get some 12ga shotgun shells, some 300 win mag and 45ACP (preferably hollowpoints) Then watch the cashier go "OH MY GOD!!!"

-- TAI FU

Tai Fu

Yep, they might have gotten interested in an OUTDOOR HOBBY, or learned about SCIENCE, instead of becoming preoccupied with video games that glorify killing, and counter-culture music that obsesses on self-destruction and death.

Sad.

Reply to
Vince

super-PC climate, what would have happened to this guy?

terrorist or Columbine killer.

I recall what I considered then, and even more so now, a compliment I was given in my youth. That was the opinion of a friend after seeing some of the things I was into in those days: "Wow! The SDS could really use you!"

Chuck, who's really dated himself with this posting

"...and about that time a 5 foot cop arrived with a 6 foot gun. A cop that at one time must have stood about 6 foot 4, but was met at the bottom of a cliff by a flying, singing, writting, weirdo-freak...." Arlo Guthrie "Motor Cycle Song (The Significance of the Pickle).

Reply to
Zathras of the Great Machine

You could have replied that maybe they would have had something useful to do, instead of stealing Daddys' guns... :-)

Reply to
Len Lekx