Jan-Feb Sport Rocketry

Just received my latest issue of Sport Rocketry, and I have to say that will all of the commentary about ER and HPR, it is nice to see that Sport Rocketry is providing a good mix of low, mid, and high-power rocketry. The issue contains the Rocket Motor Certification Listing, which is nice to see given the difficulties that there sometimes appear to be with getting information from other sources.

Last but definitely not least, is a great article on model rocketry and the Civil Air Patrol, showing our Squadron hosting the Group 7 'model rocket weekend' last year (on pages 20-22). We hope to do a repeat of this next month, but here's a problem--what to use for mid-power rockets? My local hobby shop that used to stock Aerotech no longer does, and it is difficult (especially with the current situation) to get a 'quantity' of E-F-G engines, and the rockets to fly them in, here in Southern California.

So, if anyone has a suggestion for a budget-priced mid-power rocket, along with a source of supply for whatever SU engines for said rocket, it would be greatly appreciated. Otherwise, we will be stuck having the Estes 'E' engines as our top level motor for this year.

Note to Fred: this is what I needed all of the parts for... (and it was great to see you on Saturday!)

David Erbas-White

P.S. I flew my Estes Saturn V on an Aerotech E15-4 at the SCRA launch this Saturday, first time on anything other than an Estes 'D'. The flight was fantastic (best flight ever, after 4 flights on D12-3s), but it highlights the problem of finding any more SU engines that would work for this model. I certainly hope that sooner or later either Aerotech will get their act back together, or that someone else will enter the market for the mid-power engines.

Reply to
David Erbas-White

I'll ship to CA..... even southern.........

As for budget priced... all discounted off list price...... Lots of motors in stock....... E,F,G etc.......

Bobby B

bobbyb

Fly it as a cluster.

Randy

Reply to
Randy

I would, if I'd been smart enough to build it that way five years ago... I don't relish changing it out at this point...

David Erbas-White

Randy wrote:

Reply to
David Erbas-White

Talk to Andy Woerner at What's Up Hobbies, he has gobs of AT motors and may be able to help you out. Or try Great Lakes Hobbies. If you still have no luck, you could try contacting AT directly.

RayDunakin

eHobbies will get in Aerotech motors as soon as they are manufactured.

If you place an order for an item that is out-of stock, your order will be flowed to Aerotech and the increase in demand for a particular motor type could help bump it up in the production schedule. Once they are manufactured, they get shipped to the retailers/distributors that placed orders for them. then you get a call or e-mail that your back-ordered motors have arrived.

For example: F21 motors are on the way within the next week or three.

eHobbies is local (on the border of Orange and LA County). You can place an order on the web and pick it up in person and pay ZERO shipping.

-Fred Shecter NAR 20117

Reply to
Fred Shecter

USR Banshee is totally Estes compatible and flies with 29mm H-I-J easily.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

I've never seen a rocket that will take a J motor that will get off the pad on a D12. But if your published 240g empty weight for this rocket is accurate it should work fine. These are BT-70 tubes?

Bob Kaplow

Buy a Banshee.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine