News on Aerotech?

What is going on with the whole Aerotech fiasco? The discussion seems to have died out here but the lack of motors continues. Are they in production, coming soon, or still a long way off?

Reply to
dave1472

Uh, what "fiasco" would that be? If you mean the fire, that's old news. They've been in production at their new facility for quite some time.

The vendor at our local launches has gobs of AT motors.

It also depends on which particular motors you're looking for. 29mm single-use motors have been on hold for a while due to problems with the casing supplier. Apparently AT has designed new F and G single-use motors that use a molded case, and these are now in production and should be available soon.

Reply to
RayDunakin

Perpetual shortage.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Not sure what you mean by 'lack of motors'. There are some categories that are lacking (particularly in the single-use lines), but overall, they seem to be catching up quite well. I bought a big box of reloads from Commonwealth recently, and was very happy with both their prices and service. eHobbies also has most of the reloads, as well as some of the Econojet motors (such as the F21 that will fit in an Estes E size mount). Aerotech recently announced that they had resolved a supplier problem with casings for some of the F/G single-use motors, so those should be out soon as well. I'm looking forward to the single-use D/E engines coming back (18mm D and 24mm E), and would like some G80-4 motors for my Apogee Saturn V, but the reloads are available for all of those categories, so I've just started getting going with using the RMS motors.

David Erbas-White

Reply to
David Erbas-White

Due to a computer hacker, most of the engines are being reloacted to a hobby shop in Schofield Wisconsin :)

Oh I wish..

Actually, Hobby connection in above town has been working hard woith us to get engines in. single use, reloads, and so forth. Now if the big shots could get the ATF off the vendors backs, we,d be buying reloads there also.

Reply to
tater schuld

The dealer (and pretty much the only dealer where I live) in the Toronto Canada area is basically out of all Aerotech motors. He says he was told by the Areotech reps the next shipment to him will be April or May '05. Estes motor shipment are in all the time. So, I would say something is definitely up with Areotech still (keeping up with demand).

Richard

I bought a big box of reloads

Reply to
BackToRiding

News is constantly updated on The Rocketry Forum (by Aerotech people).

Inventory is always shipping, but it will NOT sit on the shelf. If you expect to go to a store or a typical online retailer and find the motors you want sitting there "in stock", they may not be there. The reason is that you order them, and then you get on the waiting list for the next shipment. As soon as they arrive, they are shipped out to the customers who ordered them and inventory remains at ZERO on many items.

Some larger retailers ordered huge and still have some of the last order in stock. Check out eHobbies.

-Fred Shecter NAR 20117

Reply to
Fred Shecter

In Saskatoon (Saskatchewan, Canada), our local HobbyWorld has received a nice shipment of Aerotech motors. They're definitely shipping across the border right now.

Dwayne Surdu-Miller SAROS #1

---------------------------------------------------- BackToRid>>Not sure what you mean by 'lack of motors'. There are some categories

Reply to
Dwayne Surdu-Miller

Late adopter, eh?

:)

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Actually, yes. I spent many years being on the 'bleeding edge' of things in my profession, and realized that doing that was counter-productive. Over the last decade or two I've decided that (in most cases) I'd just as soon let others get the kinks worked out.

I was JUST getting started with Aerotech products when the fire hit -- I decided to wait to see if/when they would recover, and now that they have, I'm using them. On the flip side, I'm also 'stocking up' on my favorite sizes, because you never know when a manufacturer will end a product (or product line). Or, have a price change (he he he).

David Erbas-White

Reply to
David Erbas-White

Heh, have your dealer contact aerotech about once a week. this will help keep hin in their presence and will most likeley bump him up in order shipping priority.

It works :)

Reply to
tater schuld

That is wacky. What about order of order placement?

BTW I believe you.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

. . . Gets ignored and banned?

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Does anyone know when / If Aerotech will be coming back to the UK?

*-----------------------* Posted at:
*-----------------------*
Reply to
Karl

When they get CE marking. Not anytime soon.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

As a dealer I get shipments. There is little information on what you will be getting but the best bet is to have a large order in the pipe at all times. The best thing to do is buy what you can afford when your local dealer gets a shipment. It may be months before they are restocked. I have also worked with them on several old warranty claims so they are trying to clear up some of the things that sat on the books for a while after the fire.

there "in stock",

on the waiting

to the customers

Reply to
Chad L. Ellis

Meanwhile your advance pay money is outstanding. For MONTHS.

I am no longer the prime dealer :)

AT dealer in 1982! Nothing has changed.

U.S. Rockets let DEALERS settle warranty claims. It'a all about trust. Trust matters.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Which state is that in? 8-)

Reply to
Phil Stein

They have never advance billed me. When they charge my cc the order is usually on the way already. I know others have had a different experience but that is mine. They have been fair with me to date. I don't have terms with them nor have I asked for it. I would rather pay for what I receive and not owe. AMW and CTI have been outstanding to deal with along with Ellis Mountain. Jeff at Loki has been excellent to work with too. The guys ATHA in Canada deserve a mention. Great electronics.

plug. I don't ship AP but I will make you a good deal on any hardware needs. I also carry GL recovery products and ATHA electronics.

Reply to
Chad L. Ellis

I want to get some. Who are the dealers?

Reply to
Phil Stein