News on Aerotech?

What is going on with the whole Aerotech fiasco? The discussion seems to have died out here but the lack of motors continues. Are they in
production, coming soon, or still a long way off?
rcstamp wrote: << What is going on with the whole Aerotech fiasco?>>
Uh, what "fiasco" would that be? If you mean the fire, that's old news. They've been in production at their new facility for quite some time.
<< The discussion seems to have died out here but the lack of motors continues. Are they in production, coming soon, or still a long way off? >>
The vendor at our local launches has gobs of AT motors.
It also depends on which particular motors you're looking for. 29mm single-use motors have been on hold for a while due to problems with the casing supplier. Apparently AT has designed new F and G single-use motors that use a molded case, and these are now in production and should be available soon.

Perpetual shortage.
dave1472 wrote:

Not sure what you mean by 'lack of motors'. There are some categories that are lacking (particularly in the single-use lines), but overall, they seem to be catching up quite well. I bought a big box of reloads from Commonwealth recently, and was very happy with both their prices and service. eHobbies also has most of the reloads, as well as some of the Econojet motors (such as the F21 that will fit in an Estes E size mount). Aerotech recently announced that they had resolved a supplier problem with casings for some of the F/G single-use motors, so those should be out soon as well. I'm looking forward to the single-use D/E engines coming back (18mm D and 24mm E), and would like some G80-4 motors for my Apogee Saturn V, but the reloads are available for all of those categories, so I've just started getting going with using the RMS motors.
David Erbas-White

The dealer (and pretty much the only dealer where I live) in the Toronto Canada area is basically out of all Aerotech motors. He says he was told by the Areotech reps the next shipment to him will be April or May '05. Estes motor shipment are in all the time. So, I would say something is definitely up with Areotech still (keeping up with demand).
Richard

I bought a big box of reloads

In Saskatoon (Saskatchewan, Canada), our local HobbyWorld has received a nice shipment of Aerotech motors. They're definitely shipping across the border right now.
Dwayne Surdu-Miller SAROS #1
---------------------------------------------------- BackToRiding wrote:

<snip>

they
by
definitely
Heh, have your dealer contact aerotech about once a week. this will help keep hin in their presence and will most likeley bump him up in order shipping priority.
It works :)
--
Tater
President of MARS Club (NAR #660)

That is wacky. What about order of order placement?
BTW I believe you.
Jerry
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (AkaZilla) wrote:

. . . Gets ignored and banned?
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com says...

Dunno about that, as Jerry hasn't been getting any grease.
--
Tweak

Richard,
All Canadian orders for AeroTech product have been filled and shipped. So your dealer needs to place another order.
Gary
--
Gary Rosenfield
AeroTech Consumer Aerospace
"Gary C. Rosenfield" < snipped-for-privacy@powernet.net> wrote in message

And wait how long?
And pay when?

Do you know of a dealer(s) near Toronto you just shipped to? Sigma Rockets (formerly Advanced Rocketry group) in Mississauga, Ontario does not have much left and says 5-6months until he gets more. Can you give me some info on who just got shipments around my area then (Toronto area)?
Thanks Richard

Richard,
We ship to distributors. They need to check with their distributor, and have them place an order if their inventories are low.
Gary
--
Gary Rosenfield
AeroTech Consumer Aerospace
Agent Smith wrote:

Gary,
With all due respect, I would hope that Aerotech is doing a bit more to get things out into the system than just telling folks "check with their distributor". I just went to my local mom-and-pop hobby shop a week or so ago, and told them that you were shipping product, as I just bought a big box full from eHobbies and Commonwealth. Their response was that their distributor said the items weren't available. Given the problems caused by the fire, I can understand why the hobby shops and the distributors might be a little reticent to take them up again. This would seem to be a situation where you need to be a bit more pro-active to get distributors to get them stocked up again.
David Erbas-White
David,
Given the current stage of our recovery, it would be non-productive to solicit orders from distributors that we cannot fill in a timely fashion. So for now we've determined that it's better that the orders be consumer-driven.
As the backorders are filled and inventory becomes available, we will begin encouraging distributors to place larger stocking orders.
Gary
--
Gary Rosenfield
AeroTech Consumer Aerospace
Gary C. Rosenfield wrote:

Gary,
Well, that makes sense, and is understandable, but you're also left with the unfortunate reality that our local hobby shop thinks Aerotech no longer exists. At the very least, keeping enough contact with them ("We're shipping preliminary orders" "We're shipping 24mm RMS reloads" etc.) in order to keep Aerotech visible in the marketplace can only be productive, in both the short and long term. The hobby has a difficult existence as it is, and I have to admit that most hobby shops I've frequented over the years may not be 'targeted' towards the rocketry enthusiast -- and as such, we all need to keep it as visible as possible.
David Erbas-White
Why don't *you* get off your butt and harrass the hobby store in question . they should in turn harrass their distributor (who seems to be the problem here) and hope fully they will call aerotech.
If your hobby store wont harrass the distributor, the the distributors name and number, along with the hobbys stores contact within the distributor.
Post it here. we'll make SURE they get off their butts
--
Tater
President of MARS Club (NAR #660)
tater schuld wrote:

Don't know quite why you've got a hair up your own butt, but...
You apparently didn't get my reference to already having discussed this with my local hobby shop. I have, in fact, talked with them, and they did, in fact, contact their distributor, and the feedback that they were given was that Aerotech products were not available. My follow up with the shop was to show them two places that had them available, to show them a copy of what I'd just bought, and inform them that I was looking to place another similar size order.

I beg your pardon? I'm sorry, but I actually have my own business to run. I'm not in the rocketry business, it's my hobby. I pointed out that Gary, as one of the MAJOR providers in the hobby, actually IS in the business, and that there are things he could do that would benefit both his company and his customers.
I try to patronize the smaller mom-and-pop shops because, in past years, they've been the place where one could get better service (though I'm feeling as though that's gone by the wayside, now). This is the sole, remaining, non-chain hobby shop left within 20+ miles of me. I have neither the time nor the impetus to attempt to run their business for them. My role, as a customer, is to inform them of what I want and am willing to pay for, and they will either follow through and have some additional sales, or they won't. I'll be damned if I'm going to micro-manage and/or harass some business when I've got plenty of my own problems to deal with.

Really? Why, that would be great. Sure, let me post their phone number here, and their distributor, so that the usual rmr crowd could call them up and give them a dose of what most people have to come here to endure. I'm sure that not only will that solve the problem of motor availability, but I'll get a big thank-you from them the next time I come in.
David "yes, I've got a short temper tonight" Erbas-White