News on Aerotech?

Dave W. wrote: << It sure would get TMT's knickers in a knot... suddenly "Aerotech motors good, Jerry motors bad" would get confusing...>>
The correct phrase is, "legal motors good, illegal motors bad."
<< ...(especially if he were to bring back the old US Rockets types as new "RCS/Aerotech" types)... >>
Even if Jerry were president of AT, he still wouldn't be able to ship his unclassified USR propellents without DOT approvals.
Why don't you sit on your but and stop your harassment.. You also should read Dave's post closer before running off at the mouth.
Fred
tater schuld wrote:

It probably wouldn't hurt for clubs to deregulate rocketry at least to actual existing Federal standards.

This is precisely what I posted about the topic after you announced you were shipping your first motor.
And now, many months later the situation is effectively the same.
Jerry
Phil Stein wrote:

Because no matter how safe to ship they actually were, someone would make a point of trying to stir up trouble with the government over some kind of paperwork issue!
-dave w
On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 16:42:04 -0800, David Weinshenker

If he was legal like he says, it wouldn't matter. If I were in his situation and truely believed what he claims to, I would do it.
David Weinshenker wrote:

Are you referring to the "No paperwork at all" issue? Or, are you referring to the "fraudulent mislabeling of hazardous materials" issue?

Late adopter, eh?
:)

Jerry Irvine wrote:

Actually, yes. I spent many years being on the 'bleeding edge' of things in my profession, and realized that doing that was counter-productive. Over the last decade or two I've decided that (in most cases) I'd just as soon let others get the kinks worked out.
I was JUST getting started with Aerotech products when the fire hit -- I decided to wait to see if/when they would recover, and now that they have, I'm using them. On the flip side, I'm also 'stocking up' on my favorite sizes, because you never know when a manufacturer will end a product (or product line). Or, have a price change (he he he).
David Erbas-White

Why would you prefer those as opposed to an Estes or Quest D/E engine?
Eldred
--
http://www.umich.edu/~epickett

GPLRank -6.0 MoGPL rank +267.80
EldredP wrote:

Because (as outlined above) the Aerotech D is 18mm, and will fit in a 'standard' engine sized rocket. In the same fashion, the Aerotech E is the same size as an Estes D, so it will fit in a rocket designed for the D (not modified for the longer Estes E). Further, the Estes E is only an E9, and won't lift some of the heavier rockets. An Estes Saturn V is marginal on a D12-3, but really rocks on an Aerotech E15-4 (and won't launch at all on an Estes E9-4).
David Erbas-White
snipped-for-privacy@aol.comSPAM-OFF (EldredP) wrote:

More "consumer interaction" :)
You can't drop stage an AeroTech.

Due to a computer hacker, most of the engines are being reloacted to a hobby shop in Schofield Wisconsin :)
Oh I wish..
Actually, Hobby connection in above town has been working hard woith us to get engines in. single use, reloads, and so forth. Now if the big shots could get the ATF off the vendors backs, we,d be buying reloads there also.
--
Tater(as soon as I get my new paycheck I am going on a spending spree)
President of MARS Club (NAR #660)
"dave1472" < snipped-for-privacy@bresnan.net> wrote in message
As a dealer I get shipments. There is little information on what you will be getting but the best bet is to have a large order in the pipe at all times. The best thing to do is buy what you can afford when your local dealer gets a shipment. It may be months before they are restocked. I have also worked with them on several old warranty claims so they are trying to clear up some of the things that sat on the books for a while after the fire.

Meanwhile your advance pay money is outstanding. For MONTHS.
I am no longer the prime dealer :)
AT dealer in 1982! Nothing has changed.

U.S. Rockets let DEALERS settle warranty claims. It'a all about trust. Trust matters.
Jerry
They have never advance billed me. When they charge my cc the order is usually on the way already. I know others have had a different experience but that is mine. They have been fair with me to date. I don't have terms with them nor have I asked for it. I would rather pay for what I receive and not owe. AMW and CTI have been outstanding to deal with along with Ellis Mountain. Jeff at Loki has been excellent to work with too. The guys ATHA in Canada deserve a mention. Great electronics. http://www.the-motorman.net Shameless plug. I don't ship AP but I will make you a good deal on any hardware needs. I also carry GL recovery products and ATHA electronics.

Really??
That is NEWS!

Me too!
Over and over, year after year. Decade after decade.

I want to get some. Who are the dealers?

Kits? Order now.
Remember? I surrendered on motors. I meant it.
Catch up.