News on Aerotech?

Richard,

All Canadian orders for AeroTech product have been filled and shipped. So your dealer needs to place another order.

Gary

Reply to
Gary C. Rosenfield

Obviously they need to place another LARGER order.

;-)

-Fred Shecter NAR 20117

Reply to
Fred Shecter

Do you know of a dealer(s) near Toronto you just shipped to? Sigma Rockets (formerly Advanced Rocketry group) in Mississauga, Ontario does not have much left and says 5-6months until he gets more. Can you give me some info on who just got shipments around my area then (Toronto area)?

Thanks Richard

Reply to
BackToRiding

Richard,

We ship to distributors. They need to check with their distributor, and have them place an order if their inventories are low.

Gary

Reply to
Agent Smith

Gary,

With all due respect, I would hope that Aerotech is doing a bit more to get things out into the system than just telling folks "check with their distributor". I just went to my local mom-and-pop hobby shop a week or so ago, and told them that you were shipping product, as I just bought a big box full from eHobbies and Commonwealth. Their response was that their distributor said the items weren't available. Given the problems caused by the fire, I can understand why the hobby shops and the distributors might be a little reticent to take them up again. This would seem to be a situation where you need to be a bit more pro-active to get distributors to get them stocked up again.

David Erbas-White

Reply to
David Erbas-White

David,

Given the current stage of our recovery, it would be non-productive to solicit orders from distributors that we cannot fill in a timely fashion. So for now we've determined that it's better that the orders be consumer-driven.

As the backorders are filled and inventory becomes available, we will begin encouraging distributors to place larger stocking orders.

Gary

Reply to
Gary C. Rosenfield

Gary,

Well, that makes sense, and is understandable, but you're also left with the unfortunate reality that our local hobby shop thinks Aerotech no longer exists. At the very least, keeping enough contact with them ("We're shipping preliminary orders" "We're shipping 24mm RMS reloads" etc.) in order to keep Aerotech visible in the marketplace can only be productive, in both the short and long term. The hobby has a difficult existence as it is, and I have to admit that most hobby shops I've frequented over the years may not be 'targeted' towards the rocketry enthusiast -- and as such, we all need to keep it as visible as possible.

David Erbas-White

Reply to
David Erbas-White

Why don't *you* get off your butt and harrass the hobby store in question . they should in turn harrass their distributor (who seems to be the problem here) and hope fully they will call aerotech.

If your hobby store wont harrass the distributor, the the distributors name and number, along with the hobbys stores contact within the distributor.

Post it here. we'll make SURE they get off their butts

Reply to
tater schuld

Don't know quite why you've got a hair up your own butt, but...

You apparently didn't get my reference to already having discussed this with my local hobby shop. I have, in fact, talked with them, and they did, in fact, contact their distributor, and the feedback that they were given was that Aerotech products were not available. My follow up with the shop was to show them two places that had them available, to show them a copy of what I'd just bought, and inform them that I was looking to place another similar size order.

I beg your pardon? I'm sorry, but I actually have my own business to run. I'm not in the rocketry business, it's my hobby. I pointed out that Gary, as one of the MAJOR providers in the hobby, actually IS in the business, and that there are things he could do that would benefit both his company and his customers.

I try to patronize the smaller mom-and-pop shops because, in past years, they've been the place where one could get better service (though I'm feeling as though that's gone by the wayside, now). This is the sole, remaining, non-chain hobby shop left within 20+ miles of me. I have neither the time nor the impetus to attempt to run their business for them. My role, as a customer, is to inform them of what I want and am willing to pay for, and they will either follow through and have some additional sales, or they won't. I'll be damned if I'm going to micro-manage and/or harass some business when I've got plenty of my own problems to deal with.

Really? Why, that would be great. Sure, let me post their phone number here, and their distributor, so that the usual rmr crowd could call them up and give them a dose of what most people have to come here to endure. I'm sure that not only will that solve the problem of motor availability, but I'll get a big thank-you from them the next time I come in.

David "yes, I've got a short temper tonight" Erbas-White

Reply to
David Erbas-White

This is precisely what I posted about the topic after you announced you were shipping your first motor.

And now, many months later the situation is effectively the same.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

It probably wouldn't hurt for clubs to deregulate rocketry at least to actual existing Federal standards.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

And wait how long?

And pay when?

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Why don't you sit on your but and stop your harassment.. You also should read Dave's post closer before running off at the mouth.

Fred

tater schuld wrote:

Reply to
W. E. Fred Wallace

Because no matter how safe to ship they actually were, someone would make a point of trying to stir up trouble with the government over some kind of paperwork issue!

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

It sure would get TMT's knickers in a knot... suddenly "Aerotech motors good, Jerry motors bad" would get confusing (especially if he were to bring back the old US Rockets types as new "RCS/Aerotech" types)...

Fred, it might be the only way you could get "legally"-shippable H160's!

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

If he was legal like he says, it wouldn't matter. If I were in his situation and truely believed what he claims to, I would do it.

Reply to
Phil Stein

Are you referring to the "No paperwork at all" issue? Or, are you referring to the "fraudulent mislabeling of hazardous materials" issue?

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

You may be correct, as Jerry will "never" get legal on his own..

Fred w

Reply to
W. E. Fred Wallace

Dave-

I really don't think anyone would care except the most ardent Jerry hater. I don't think there are many. In fact all Jerry would have to do is comply with the TMT rules (which I know he hates) and he would be certified.

In the past month, two new motor manufacturers have been certified. Are you surprised that ROL News reports a new logo for someone & not the new manufacturers?

One is Contrail Rockets LTD - Tom Saunders

I forget who the other one was.

Reply to
Phil Stein

Isn't ROL managed by the same folks as "Extreme" rocketry magazine?

hmmm?

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine