ROL NEWS--AeroTech Files for Chapter 11

AeroTech Files for Chapter 11 December 16, 2003 Web posted at: 3:28 PM EST Cedar City, UT (ROL Newswire) -- AeroTech, Inc. and Industrial Solid
Propulsion, Inc. File for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy Due to the incredibly high cost of litigation against Clark County and the Clark County Fire Department, AeroTech, Inc. and its parent company, Industrial Solid Propulsion (ISP), Inc. have filed a petition for relief under Chapter 11 of the Bankruptcy Code.
The companies believe that the current operations can be profitable and that there is value in the existing business which will provide, at least, some payment to their creditors. In addition, the continued operation of the business will allow the companies to continue to provide for its customers until the business is reorganized or sold. Under Chapter 11, all current bills will be paid in the ordinary course of business. Pre-petition bills will be paid pursuant to a Plan of Reorganization.
All pending litigation will be stayed by the bankruptcy. The companies will evaluate at a later point, with creditor input, which litigation they will pursue and which litigation will be resolved without further legal proceedings.
Source: AeroTech Inc.
ROL News wrote:

Ouch! What a bummer! (And just as they were starting to get things going at the new plant, too...)
-dave w
From their press release I gather that they are still in business. They are just "reorganizing" and getting some protection from law suits against the old companies.
The motors will keep coming for the time being.
- Jeff Taylor
David Weinshenker wrote:

Sometimes 11 turns into 7 and sometimes 11 turns into a fresh start. Wanna bet?
Gary has a lot to overcome.
And a bunch of pissy consumers he is relying on to save him and orgs bent on demanding unneeded permits thus further restricting the pool of customers 80-90% willing and able to save his ass.
Save Gary Rosenfield! Eliminate ALL demands for ANY ATF permits by ANY trade association!
Jerry told you so.
Jerry

<<The motors will keep coming for the time being.>>
I hope so. If all else fails, our RMS cases would make a nice set of expensive windchimes.
-- Joe Michel NAR 82797 L1
On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 16:44:51 -0600, "J.A. Michel"

Why not EX casings...? :-)

Maypops.
;-)
--
Kurt Kesler

So Ray, still think the market for motors is plentiful? No need to re-evaluate anything though, eh?
To everyone: what can we do?
~ Duane Phillips.

Jerry told you what to do. To save AeroTech and to add 5+ new motor vendors. The absolute minimum required regulation and rules and the few rules that do exist are only enforced by the respective government agencies and NOT the club.
Clubs have a safety code and a list of tested motors. That is literally ALL they need. Not one thing more.
Jerry

I will agree with this. From the way I see it, mid power is hurting for choice of engines. We could definately use at least a couple more manufacturers in this area, certified or not(doesn't really matter to me).

And just to satisfy my smart-#%$ side(or my dumb-$%# side you decide). A club could really use members and a place to launch.

I have no problems with the choices, just the ammounts available. just had someone drive to the twin cities to pick up ANY F&G motors, only got one pack of G's (all he could find)

and we got both! :)
--
Tater
President of MARS Club (NAR #660)

F&G SU and Reloads are plentiful. The Hobbytown in my neighborhood always has them on the pegs. All you have to do is ask the store owner to order them. Their distributor has them and restocking seems pretty quick.
Another GREAT source is JUST ROCKETS.. We lost our local vendor in Arizona, so Scott came to our last launch with totes FULL of AT reloads and SU motors F and up. He also carries the cool Ellis Mountain SU motors. (I-69, H50, etc.), Pro38's and I saw them for myself. He has them in stock.
He also makes a mean smoked turkey!
Bought a few Flis Kits from him too. Cool stuff for under the Christmas tree this year.
http://www.justrockets.com /
I have no affiliation with any of these vendors, just passing along the word on good vendors. Givem 'em a try..
-Chr$ NAR 79536 L1
Al's Hobby Shop is has a good stock of AT RMS motors at the moment http://www.alshobbyshop.com/Al !s_Rocket_Reloads_03.html
- iz
Chr$ wrote:

tater schuld wrote:

IIRC The Hobby Town across the street from my house(Minnetonka) had some F's and a few G's a few weeks ago. I'll probally stop by there this week to make certain.
Ted Novak TRA#5512

Jerry told you what to do. To save AeroTech and to add 5+ new motor

I will agree with this. From the way I see it, mid power is hurting for choice of engines. We could definately use at least a couple more manufacturers in this area, certified or not(doesn't really matter to me).
Duane Phillips wrote:

Duane,
Lessee, the Aerotech hobby motor peghooks are empty at Texas RC and Hobbytown USA (in Plano, TX). No more SU motors at Hobby Lobby, either.
And I don't think Sharon at Trailing Edge has any (still legal) EZ Access reloads - least not last time I asked. Seems Aerotech wouldn't/couldn't ship to her.
I think Aerotech has been a well run company. While I can point out many things I wish they had done better, overall, they strike me as having accomplished a great deal, navigating the rocketry biz with much success. I am not privy to the details of all their current problems. I think Clark County owes them big, but I cannot tell whether it's prudent to pursue it.
The bottom line is I can't help if I can't buy their stuff, and the motors have been pretty scarce around here for a long time. Furthermore, they took their webstore offline, and have only recently restored it, but with only two products.
Methinks there's great revenue for them to collect if they'll get product into the users' grasps. I'm not saying things are their fault, but it sure isn't for my lack of trying.
Doug

I agree whole-heartedly... have done the same... checking and rechecking local hobby shops I frequent. And I *live* in Utah... still no local motors.

~ Duane Phillips.

<Snip>
Quite interesting...
Our local hobby shop just received a large shipment of consumer line motors E18, F40, F52, G64, G35EJ from Horizon Hobbies(which is an Aerotech Distributor). The magazine is chocked full of 29mm and 38mm Easy Access motors from G75 to J570, all from recent shipments. Same goes for 54mm and larger reload kits. I don't think they are getting any special treatment, so I'm wondering why the other shops don't have stock unless they haven't placed orders. Then again, the hobby shops thenselves might be cutting back on inventory due to the poor economic conditions.
John
I think it's more along the lines of how or when the order(s) were placed. A first come first serve type deal. I've talked to some dealers that have been waiting months if not over a year for their product.
JD
wrote in message news:<PpLDb.409260> > >> > >

I think it has more to do with WHAT products are ordered. A production operation has to be in production. Some products are short-run.
Jerry