ROL NEWS--AeroTech Files for Chapter 11

They've filed for Chapter 11 and are still in production, so it's a little early to be claiming that "mid-power is dead".

Yep, mainly because the smaller motors aren't very profitable, so the other certified vendors don't want to bother with them.

Reply to
RayDunakin

How about Foxeye?

Bob, you've been hanging out here as long as I have, and anybody that's been here longer than a week knows to proceed with great caution when deal with JI.

Doug

Reply to
Doug Sams

Nope. I heard it real clear. As of last Wednesday, Dave still didn't have his USR prize. And, since he knows your reputation, he's not holding his breath.

Sue me.

Doug

Reply to
Doug Sams

"We can't aford a lawer, have your lawer call Les" - Mr Carlson.

Joel. phx

Reply to
Joel Corwith

the mixer.

$200 3/4hp drillpress and about $100 to outfit with planetary gears. Everybody needs a drillpress.

Sorry, forgot this wasn't rec.crafts.metalworking,...

Joel. phx

"sure those we can let you have. cross out 'machine gun' and write in 'pizza'"

Reply to
Joel Corwith

If you add 3 zeroes to all numbers you get close to the CTI mixers.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Yo' Jerry,

Did you not say that you had refunded all the moneys to everyone over the T-shirt deal?

I could not find any other issue that Foxeye was saying that he was "ripped off" for. He had some complaints about kits from Jerry, but he states that he returned them.

Bob

Reply to
baDBob

Empty speculation and monopolistic dominance will not solve the motor crisis.

*Some* places are apparently getting motors. Many still are not. One only has to monitor the posts to see that there is still a famine.

You mean like Estes and Quest?

I can have 12 brands of soup, but only 1 major motor maker above D class nationally distributed... is that right Ray?

~ Duane Phillips.

Reply to
Duane Phillips

I already addressed launchsite vendors. Read back.

Local vendor*s* say they still cannot get the product.

I will no longer be content with only one manufacturer. I intend to fly some Jerry motors. I intend to fly others also.

Unfortunately, I will have to go great lengths out of my way, or pay extra unwanted costs to fly *anything*.

Like it or not, all is not well in motor distribution land.

~ Duane Phillips.

Reply to
Duane Phillips

Which is more than double what I used to pay for them and at least triple what it would be if there were more vendors in the common market.

~ Duane Phillips.

Reply to
Duane Phillips

Ray, you are all over the place. One minute you say there is no problem, the next minute you agree, but make excuses for the problem.

~ Duane Phillips.

Reply to
Duane Phillips

You don't NEED a Kitchen Aid either. I've done 1500 gram loads mixed by hand. Worked like a charm. It works best when you invite a couple of friends over to help and share the mixing duties. I've been EX'ing for two years and still don't have a mixer.

Kevin Rezac

Reply to
Kevin Rezac

He needs meds and I am not exaggerating.

Or cult training!

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

The situation has been created by NAR and TRA adding rules on rules, some actually making it into regulations, and also "dropping the dime" as often as they possibly can.

Gee I wonder why people cannot get motors and the market has dropped

80%+?

I wonder . . . . .

It must be the government, or magic, or Jerry, or, or, or or, or anything BUT NAR and TRA. Look over there!!!!!!

Jerry

"People in this hobby seem to make up all sorts of shit just to make themselves look better, kind of what I heard happened to you."

- Shawn Loughary

"When the only tool you have is a hammer, everything begins to look like a nail."

- Lotfi Zadeh

"Since Mr. Kelly's *main purpose* here is to 'build the image' that I am capable of more 'violations' than he is (I've now got TWO 'black marks' to his ONE), we can just forget about *HIS* 'violation' that started this whole thing. One of his *most typical* tactics - when painted into a corner, the classic (and child-like) approach is to say, "Ooooh, look over there!!" (to distract attention from the fact that he got caught with his hand in the 'cookie jar')."

- John Cato

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

It will solve it. It will turn it into a motor vacuum :)

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Yep and posted here dozens of times to see if there were any stragglers. I am imperfect so I wanted to check. IIRC in 3 years ONE guy said he didn't get his refund but didn't want it anyway (so he could post that he was ripped off). So I force refunded him.

He kept posting for a while afterwards anyway.

Other than that. Zero.

Ithink he stated he refused to return them and then falsified photos to make them FAR worse than any components I have ever seen in my life.

Even actual water and rodent damaged tubes I have actually seen.

Sound like a familiar story? It shold.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Like G80FWL's :(

Ted Novak TRA#5512

Reply to
nedtovak

When your hand gets so tired it feels like it is about to fall off, you are a third of the way there. Unlimited pot life before the curative is added :)

Motor MAKING chat on rmr!

This is definitely TRA-EX and Aerotech's fault!

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Is there any limit to your libel and misinformation?

From: David We> and I noticed again that you will not answer directly specific questions

CSFM manufacturer licensing/type registration for "rocket motors" only applies to "consumer" motors - i.e., H or larger motors to be used under the auspices of a "class 3 rockets" licensee, or smaller motors for use by the general public (permission from local fire authority required in either case).

Rockets launched under the control of a "class 2 rockets" licensee (which Frank Kosdon, for example, has) can use solid motors not classified as either "model rocket engines" or "high power rocket engines" in the Registered Pyrotechnics program, and state "manufacturer licensing" does not apply to these.

-dave w

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Aerotech is not the only manufacturer of motors above D class. There are three other manufacturers of APCP motors "above D class". Two of them even make some G motors.

Could we use more mid-range motors? Absolutely! That's why we should urge the current manufacturers to produce more smaller motors, and it's why we should urge potential new manufacturers to do whatever it takes to get their motors certified.

Have you asked those dealers why they aren't getting current AT motors, and why they haven't gotten any of the other available brands?

Reply to
RayDunakin