ROL NEWS--AeroTech Files for Chapter 11

Dave,

A thousand TRA members can all do the same thing: cook a few motors in the kitchen. And none of them have DOT EX numbers, either. Big deal. Hardly the stuff of volume manufacturing. IOW, a handful of homemade motors ain't much different than vaporware when it comes to being a viable business entity.

A broken clock's right twice a day, and there's always somebody who's gonna support Jerry, no matter how many times George, Steve and everybody else lay out the hard evidence why no one should.

You're a bright guy, Dave, but you're getting sucked in to Jerry's world.

Doug

Reply to
Doug Sams

I've heard allot of the orders have to be "prepaid". While vendors are waiting months if not a year or more to receive their shipment.

Why don't they strike up a deal to have Wally Mart carry their motors? Opps, scratch that, good old WallyMart wants suppliers to pay them to carry their products.

Oh, well

JD

Reply to
JDcluster

I think it's more along the lines of how or when the order(s) were placed. A first come first serve type deal. I've talked to some dealers that have been waiting months if not over a year for their product.

JD

Reply to
JDcluster

Strange, I have 4 USR kits in boxes in my garage that I received this year. I have flown USR motors, obtained and flown this year. You must be looking in the wrong places. :)

Rocky Firth

Reply to
Rocky Firth

I only needed one - he supplied it as agreed. That was "viable" enough for what I needed.

If I actually had a project that needed a bunch of 'em, I suspect we could work out something.

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

What I think is that even if Jerry's motors were certified, AT would still have the biggest share of the market (just as they did before he and Frank lost their certs) and all the folks who own AT casings would still be dependant on AT for reloads.

No matter how many suppliers there are, there's always going to be one that is the most dominant and any problems that supplier has will affect the hobby.

Reply to
RayDunakin

Maybe you're looking in the wrong places. I haven't seen any composite motors in a hobby shop for years, and then it was just at one small shop.

Do you have a vendor at the launch site?

Reply to
RayDunakin

And you will be able to make about 10 times the number of N2000 loads with that investment. The Kitchen Aid and the Scale are going to be much less than a N2000 load, and the rest is pretty much casting tubes, mandrels, chemicals and misc supplied. It does not take $2000 to get going in EX. If you spend that much you will certainly be able to test and fly a few O motors at the least with that kind of cash.

Pax

Reply to
Paxton

You have heard wrongly. Libel.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Yes.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

He's just pissed because he is either a NAR or a TRA member and he is thus blackballed from shipped products.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

What hard evidence? I ask sincerely.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

I think it has more to do with WHAT products are ordered. A production operation has to be in production. Some products are short-run.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

The are not extending terms at least to new dealers. I don't know what the case is with older established dealers. I pay for only what they ship. They bill me for what is shipped and the backorders are not billed. They have been very cooperative and are doing what they can to get motors out. I received my shippment of 54mm reloads today. The K1275R should be a nice flight. I believe they will continue to increase production and motors will make to the user.

Reply to
motorman

Since you brought it up, please name one person who was "ripped-off" by Jerry. Atleast that way we can ask that person first hand.

Bob

Reply to
baDBob

325W refurbished at Fry's Electronics was $130. My first one was 275W tip-up missing the beater for $8. The second one is 300w drop-bowl missing the bowl for $2.

Joel. phx

Reply to
Joel Corwith

They were not "lost" they were yanked with no notice no hearing and no stated basis.

Nope :)

Unless there are 2-7 suppliers all with market access.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

No, you do not have to invest $2000 in this, but to really do it well and very safely requires some cash outlay.

A Kitchenaid mixer is only going to cut it for small batches. Too many people have killed Kitchenaid mixers, including someone I know personally.

If you spend $300 or $400 and hand mix motors, you could still buy quite a few F and G motors for that money.

Brian Elfert

Reply to
Brian Elfert

Brian E. wrote:

Reply to
RayDunakin

That's good to know, not only for us customers but also for the employees.

Reply to
RayDunakin