Tower Hobbies filing Chapter 11???

I heard 3rd hand that Tower Hobbies is filing Chapter 11, but cannot find any references on the 'Net (and refuse to pay a web site $40 to do a search
of a public record). Has anyone heard anything about this? I know GP and TH are 'the same but seperate' entities, but hope this is just a rumor and not true for the consumer side of their operations.
| I heard 3rd hand that Tower Hobbies is filing Chapter 11, but cannot find | any references on the 'Net (and refuse to pay a web site $40 to do a search | of a public record). Has anyone heard anything about this? I know GP and TH | are 'the same but seperate' entities, but hope this is just a rumor and not | true for the consumer side of their operations.
Somebody recently posted a link to --
http://cnn.heavyplasma.com/www/cnn/2003/NEWS/08/04/world/560375index.html
somewhere (I thought it was here, but I can't find the article now) which I think was a story about how Tower Hobbies was going bankrupt due to corrupt management. Alas, it's not there now, and I can't even find the article that said to go to it.
In any event, heavyplasma.com does fake news stories, so I'd tend to believe that this story was fake too.
--
Doug McLaren, snipped-for-privacy@frenzy.com Dime is money.

| snipped-for-privacy@frenzy.com (Doug McLaren) wrote: ... | > somewhere (I thought it was here, but I can't find the article now) | > which I think was a story about how Tower Hobbies was going bankrupt | > due to corrupt management. Alas, it's not there now, and I can't even | > find the article that said to go to it. | | It's a hoax. The story was taken down because it was 1. false, and 2. | libelous.
Obviously. And thanks for trimming the very relevant part where I said that --
In any event, heavyplasma.com does fake news stories, so I'd tend to believe that this story was fake too.
without that, anybody who read your post might think that I actually believed the story there :)
Lisa: "Only one person in a million would find that funny!"
snipped-for-privacy@frenzy.com (Doug McLaren) wrote:

Oops! Sorry about that! Sliced too quick without looking carefully.
Moe
Sure explains how rumors propogate, doesn't it?
MJC

I wouldnt be surprised due to the average age of flyers that I see. Different times and different priorities. Hard to find anyone young that builds from sticks anymore. I work at a university where I see thousands of youngers and we cant get a flying club going .... cant stay focused for more than 15 minutes ....ham radio club sits in cobwebs. ski and drink beer.
Trowelfaz wrote:

IT'S A HOAX. The story was "broken" on a website called "cnn.heavyplasma.com." If you had the opportunity to read the story (it's since been removed from the site), you'd see many telltale signs that the story was made up by an illiterate moron with a bone to pick.
It's amazing how many people think this story is credible just because the site LOOKS like a CNN page, and the letters "cnn" are in the hostname. Use your heads for a second people! CNN's domain is CNN.com. Why on earth would they have a site called "heavyplasma???" The writing was pretty bad, worse than your typical newspaper article. Are things so far down the toilet in America that people just don't recognize bad grammar anymore?