Re: Global Wattage Hinge Material

Hinge tape

Don

Hello All, > > Would like to hear what other owners of Wattage products have used to > replace the hinge material included with the kits. The hinge material on my > minimax has proved to like cooler climates than the interior of my car > (where I accidentally left it). The material appears to be something like > 3M clear packing tape, so I figured I would try using that. The slot and CA > type hinges wouldn't work, since the foam material of the tail is too thin > and undoubtedly wouldn't react well to CA. > > Thanks in advance for any replies, > > Noble Zimmerman > > >
Reply to
Don Hatten

I use 3M packing tape. In some cases I have put Monokote trim sheet on top of the tape to match the airplane. The trim itself will not stick to the foam surfaces I have tried it on but it does stick very well to the packing tape,

Ken Day

Reply to
Ken Day