RC Glider tow hook detach mechanism ??

Can anyone help me with the linkage how to release a glider after it's been towed up. I understand that it has to be activated by a servo, but how the
linkage is connected between the servo and the tow hook is still a puzzle for me. Please help a newcomer. Thank you.
http://www.hobby-lobby.com/towing.htm
A loop of line is inserted into the nose of the glider. A servo is activated to capture the line. The servo is then activated again to release the line.
Don

been
Don Hatten wrote:

That's only true for aerotowing (towing by a powered plane). If you are towing using a towline (whether by hand or using a winch) then the towhook is below the body of the plane a little in front of the CG. The towline in this case can still be retained by a positive mechanism using a servo, or it may not be retained at all and is just allowed to slide off the back of the hook when the plane reeaches a high enough altitude.
--
Boo

Well, I figured everybody knows how to histart a sailplane...my mistake.
Don

ARe you talking about an aero tow where a plane pulls it up? Or about the good old fashioned high start style? Different methods for different styles.

been
Do a search for " Alan's RC links" Everything you need and more is there

been
refer to = http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~atong / sub section "Aero Towing - Gliders & Banners."
Aero Towing Banner Towing Composite Scale Models - Aircraft Sail Planes Unlimited = Articles & Tips Scale Soaring - Aerotowing Aerotow Gliding - Graham Warren
regards Alan T. Alan's Hobby, Model & RC Web Links http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~atong / ..............................................................

been