Two terminal devices circuit puzzle

Hi I came across the following puzzle which involves circuits and two terminal devices but i think it's basically a mathematical puzzle. But i am unable to understand it.

Puzzle:

In any circuit containing only "two terminal" devices we can always find two "links" whose removal (not simultaneous)

still left all the components connected to each other by wires.

a hint was also given : consider an unplugged toaster as a valid circuit in this puzzle.

I am unable to understand what is a circuit with "two terminal" devices and what are "links" in it.

Can anyone give an example of such a circuit in which the above property holds.

I think this problem can be converted into graphs. But i dont know how if it is possible?

Please help.

Reply to
robin