Why a resistor across R/C servo motor leads ?

After surfing around on the Lynxmotion site I came across an article showing how to modify a servo for continuous rotation. I've been doing that for a few years now, but what *does* puzzle me is
the resistor that appears to be connected across the leads of the motor. What the heck is that for? A capacitor I can understand, but a resistor ?
Here's the link:
http://www.lynxmotion.com/images/howto/smodh209.jpg
Thanks for any info. JCD
pogo wrote:

It's probably a cap. The color coding appears more like what they use for caps. If it's five stripes (can't really tell), then the color coding is the same as it is for resistors.
Cylindrical-shaped components can be resistors, capacitors, chokes, diodes...
-- Gordon

Phew! I was thinking I had forgotten *everything* I had ever learned about electronics ! Thanks ! JCD