hobby servos "amplifier"

Hello everyone. There is a gizmo for hobby servos that is a set of gears that effectively "amplifies" the push/pull power of a hobby servo. I've seen them here and there, but can't think of what they are called; and so far simple Google searches haven't gotten me anywhere.

I'm sure someone on here knows what I am talking about! I'm looking for the name of the gizmos and/or a web site that offers them.

Your help is appreciated in advance ! JCD

Reply to
pogo

"amplifies" the push/pull power of a hobby

and so far simple Google searches haven't

name of the gizmos and/or a web site that

Look around the site and you'll find it.

-- Gordon

Reply to
Gordon McComb

"amplifies" the push/pull power of a hobby

called; and so far simple Google searches haven't

name of the gizmos and/or a web site that

Yeah - that's it !!! The Gear Box !!! Thanks Gordon !

For those interested, since the robotzone website seems to be under reconstruction at the moment, I went looking for more info on the gear box itself, and found some here:

Scroll down to the post marked "Engine Shaft Rotator #4" to find a blurb on servo modifications needed to use the gear box.

Thanks again ! JCD

Reply to
pogo

You can try here as well. Check out thier How-To Section. Loads of ideas and help.

Robert Davidson

Maybe one of these two are what your looking for?

Good Luck...

Reply to
Robert Davidson

Cool! I'm an old customer of Lynxmotion but I hadn't seen this page before. Yes

- it *does* give me a few ideas !!!! Thanks ! JCD

Reply to
pogo

"amplifies" the push/pull power of a hobby

and so far simple Google searches haven't

name of the gizmos and/or a web site that

if you were into building your own servo's out of say, windshield wiper motors you could also use something like

which has mostof the design work you need (be it on a smaller scale)

dan

Reply to
rue_mohr

"amplifies" the push/pull power of a hobby

called; and so far simple Google searches haven't

name of the gizmos and/or a web site that

Cool site! Thanks !

Reply to
pogo