HS-55 servos: new equivilent favorite?

I picked up an electric 3D parkflyer recently, and need to get it built. The general size of the plane calls for Hitec HS-55 Feather servos or so. They're fragile little servos, but I want it light, so ... I just need to try and not crash it too often :)

I've usually gotten servos from Servo City -- even with their new $4 shipping for orders under $100, they're usually the best deal.

... but they're out of stock. So I'll look around.

Any other brands/types of servos that people are happy with with the same general size and specifications? Anywhere else that sells them that will send stuff priority mail without charging a fortune for shipping? (Another reason I like Servo City -- everything is priority mail, so I get it quick.)

Reply to
Doug McLaren

I believe Todd's models (an rcgroups sponsor) among others, have

special on the HS-55s. Excellent service

-- mode

----------------------------------------------------------------------- mode1's Profile:

this thread:

mode1

Check out the Blue Bird servos at Balsa Products

am presently using the BMS-380 MG - 50 oz torque on 4.8 volts in a couple of my electrics.

Reply to
Ted Campanelli

If you want servos alittle smaller try the HS-50's. As far as the HS-55's go I think they are very good, popular, and I never had a problem with them.

Mike

Reply to
Mike R

Reply to
MGordo

I am using Blue Bird servos in my T-Rex electric helicopter...I will never buy another small servo as long as I can get my hands on these little jewels.

Reply to
Dana Hughes