Servo City screws up??????????

They do not have their 'free shipping on any order' deal available anymore !!!!!!!!!!!!

Now, it is $3.85 on all orders under $100 !!!

David

Reply to
David AMA40795 / KC5UH

Understandable. Profit margins being what they are in this business, thanks in part to the really big mail order houses. I'm surprised anyone offers free shipping regardless of order size.

Chuck

Reply to
C.O.Jones

Bummer! That is the only reason I bought from them. They're really not any cheaper than anyone else. Guess I'll look elsewhere. Bad Move ServoCity!!

Reply to
jeboba

Shipping from Omni Models is about $8 for orders under $100. Quantum charges about the same. Many others charge about the same. Tower charges $3.99 to ship what they call 'parts express' items. And, it seems my orders are 'never' under $100, so there's probably no change for me.

Who do you plan to buy from when you need one or two servos, a receiver, etc? Who will ship them to you for less than $3.85? I'd have to spend most of the $3.85 in gas to go to the hobby shop and back.

Carrell

Reply to
Carrell

| Shipping from Omni Models is about $8 for orders under $100. Quantum | charges about the same. Many others charge about the same.

Yup. $8 is the usual charge.

| Tower charges $3.99 to ship what they call 'parts express' items. | And, it seems my orders are 'never' under $100, so there's probably no | change for me. | | Who do you plan to buy from when you need one or two servos, a receiver, | etc?

Well, if you need two mini or micro servos and a decent receiver, you're getting close to the $100 mark, so ...

Still, servocity.com was great when you needed *one* servo and getting it in 4 or so days was ok. Now they're obviously not quite as great. But maybe their prices will drop a bit, since obviously they were paying for the shipping somehow. (Ok, who am I kidding? :)

| Who will ship them to you for less than $3.85?

is only $2. He doesn't have much of a servo selection, however.

| I'd have to spend most of the $3.85 in gas to go to the hobby shop | and back.

Yes, but then you get immediate satisfaction. And get to pay tax instead of shipping! (depending on where you live.)

Reply to
Doug McLaren

For me it is easy. My LHS has the same servo's Servo City sells at the same price as SC. The bad thing for me is I live in the same State as SC and therfore I have to pay tax wether I order from SC or buy from my local hobbie shop. Yes I agree that 3.85 is a good shipping price to pay and if your are ordering any digital servos than you will most likley hit the $100 mark before long and not pay shipping. The only thing that upset me and a friend about SC was that we were planning on making a big order (over 20 servos)(before I found out about the LHS pricing) from SC when they had the offer on certian servos if you ordered 10 or more servos you would get

10%-15% off the price of the servos. Well you had to buy at least 10 servos of each type to get the discount. Was not worth it to order only those that we would purchase 10 of to get the discount and also order others that we wanted that were less than 10 and not get the 15% discount and only a 10% discount which with tax would only mean a 2% discount where as with the 15% discount we would save around 7% after taxes which with the servo's we were looking at would have been a good savings even only at the 7% rate. So we both went to different suppliers for the servos. I only purchased what I needed to finish one model out of two that I'm working on right now. I will continue to look at SC for future purchase but my first stop will be the LHS. John
Reply to
John Graham

The LHS trip depends whether I "need" something, or just want to spend time browsing all the things I don't need. I enjoy the browsing part. We pay

8.25% tax here, so it doesn't take long to spend the amount of the shipping charge in taxes. Most of our hobby shops are very competitive with mail order [occasionally less expensive] on kits and ARFs, but make up for it on engines, radios, and accessories.

Carrell

Reply to
Carrell