Anybody have favorite micro servos?

Hi - I'm working on a project where I'll need about 20 micro servos. I was planning on using Hitec HS-81MG servos, but they provide almost no dimensional information on their website, so I don't think I'll be able to use them. I also contacted them and they flat out refused to provide anything more. So - does anybody have any other reccomendations for a good micro servo, specifically one that has *detailed* mechanical drawings available? Thanks,

-Michael J. Noone

Reply to
Michael Noone

Not enough in:

?

JM

Reply to
John Mianowski

John Mianowski wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

No - not even close. For example it doesn't even say where the output shaft is.

-Michael

Reply to
Michael Noone

Whyt are you expecting "detailed" mechanical drawings for what is a consumer product designed for low-cost hobby applications? These aren't industrial motors, after all.

The PDF previously cited has better-than-average dimensional specs for a hobby servo; for anything more the best thing to do is buy one, and take the remaining measurements yourself.

-- Gordon

Reply to
Gordon McComb

Hi - have you considered Megarobotics AI motors? They are serially controlled servo motors that can also act as rotational motors without any pyhisical modifications. They are more expensive than HS-81MG though, see

for more info, detailed dimensions in AI701 manual, bottom pg6:

- Peter Turner

Reply to
Peter Turner

Gordon McComb wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@NOgmccombSPAM.com:

I expect at least semi-detailed product specs for anything that I buy. I guess I'm just demanding that way. Actually that's sarcasm - I don't think that's unreasonable in the least bit. But whatever.

As it turns out - a clever person made a clever suggestion to me: take measurements from the drawing. I did this for a couple measurements, then compared with an actual servo borrowed from a store - and the drawing is perfectly accurate. Thus my problem is solved.

Reply to
Michael Noone