Anybody have favorite micro servos?

Hi - I'm working on a project where I'll need about 20 micro servos. I was
planning on using Hitec HS-81MG servos, but they provide almost no
dimensional information on their website, so I don't think I'll be able to
use them. I also contacted them and they flat out refused to provide
anything more. So - does anybody have any other reccomendations for a good
micro servo, specifically one that has *detailed* mechanical drawings
available? Thanks,
-Michael J. Noone
Reply to
Michael Noone
Not enough in:
?
JM
Reply to
John Mianowski
John Mianowski wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:
No - not even close. For example it doesn't even say where the output shaft is.
-Michael
Reply to
Michael Noone
Whyt are you expecting "detailed" mechanical drawings for what is a consumer product designed for low-cost hobby applications? These aren't industrial motors, after all.
The PDF previously cited has better-than-average dimensional specs for a hobby servo; for anything more the best thing to do is buy one, and take the remaining measurements yourself.
-- Gordon
Reply to
Gordon McComb
Hi - have you considered Megarobotics AI motors? They are serially controlled servo motors that can also act as rotational motors without any pyhisical modifications. They are more expensive than HS-81MG though, see
for more info, detailed dimensions in AI701 manual, bottom pg6:
- Peter Turner
Reply to
Peter Turner
Gordon McComb wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@NOgmccombSPAM.com:
I expect at least semi-detailed product specs for anything that I buy. I guess I'm just demanding that way. Actually that's sarcasm - I don't think that's unreasonable in the least bit. But whatever.
As it turns out - a clever person made a clever suggestion to me: take measurements from the drawing. I did this for a couple measurements, then compared with an actual servo borrowed from a store - and the drawing is perfectly accurate. Thus my problem is solved.
Reply to
Michael Noone