plastic push tabs for mounting hobby servos ?

Hello everyone.

What are those little plastic push tabs for mounting hobby servos that look like a cross between pop-rivets and push-pins called ?

Also, I was thinking about using some fishing gear type stranded steel wire for connecting some servos to gripper fingers - but is there something better suited that already exists in the R/C world ?

Thanks ! JCD

Reply to
pogo

Do you want a flexible tendon or a stiff wire? If you want stiff wire, get piano wire. If you want a flexible tendon, there's woven stainless steel wire, which comes in many sizes and is available at boating shops.

John Nagle Animats

Reply to
John Nagle

like a cross between pop-rivets and push-pins

for connecting some servos to gripper fingers - but

Flexible tendons - so the woven wire is what I want.

Are there little ferrule thingees with threads on the outside but hollow inside (like a hollow screw) that I can use as guides for the wires to keep from wearing down plastic, etc. ? What would they be called ? Where would a local source be for those ?

Thanks ! JCD

Reply to
pogo

like a cross between pop-rivets and push-pins called

FYI ... I found what I was thinking about on the Lynxmotion site:

pogo

Try a bicycle shop. Useful linkages can be made from bike brake cables. Not sure what size you need, though.

Look for "bowden cable", which is the generic term for things that work like bicycle brake cables. Here's a small one for R/C boats:

Bigger ones are found as motorcycle and car parts.

John Nagle

Reply to
John Nagle