Aluminum Extrusion Profiles for mounting NEMA 23 ?

While researching the various ways to convert my Sherline mill to CNC it = occured to me that certain profiles of aluminum extrusions might be = perfect for mounting some NEMA 23 and other "format" stepper motors by = just slicing off a couple of inches and tapping or using self-tapping = screws, with the motor shaft running longitudinally down a hollow = extrusion.=20

Has anyone done this ? I am primarily interested in NEMA 23 but I'm sure = that extrusions readily adaptable to other mounting schemes would be = useful for tinkerers frequenting this group. Maybe strong plastic = extrusions would work too ?

JCD

Reply to
Pogo