PVP extrusion?

Hi,
I'm interested in finding out if anyone has extruded
Polyvinylpyrrolidone? If so, what conditions did you operate at.
I tried to extrude PVP-K30 in a DACA Microcompounder at temperatures up to
200C and was unable to recover any material. The material became
liquidified when it was brought up to 200C, but nothing came out at any
temperature from 150-200C.
Someone I was working with said that PVP can't be extruded. I do, however,
find reference to PVP extrusion in the literature, but this may simply be
melt mixing.
Kurt
Reply to
Kurt