Push-Nuts

Hi:

I'm trying to find some stainless push-nuts, .062 ID, .250 OD ( or close to .250) MSC & McMaster don't seem to have them. I have found 2 places that have them, but I have to buy 5000, I only need a 100.

Anybody have any ideas where I might find some?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Reply to
Gary A. Gorgen

Sometimes an OEM will give out a hundred samples if you show that you will be using their product on the production BOM.

Reply to
Wayne Lundberg

Tried that, didn't work.

Thanks anyway.

Reply to
Gary A. Gorgen

OK! I'll bite. What are "push nuts" ?

Reply to
Robert Swinney

Those little round things you push onto a shaft and can never get them back off, when you want. If they have a cap, there are called Hat-Nuts.

Reply to
Gary A. Gorgen

Oh, now I get it! Sort of like very cheap, very poor, retaining rings without the machined groove. Thanks. I don't want any.

Bob Swinney

Reply to
Robert Swinney

That's exactly what they are. I'll buy the 5000, before I start maching retainer groves, in .062 316 stainless.

Where would you like me to send the 4900 I don't need. :-).

Reply to
Gary A. Gorgen

??

Reply to
Al Dykes

Mcmaster Carr has a nice selection on page 3008 of #110 catalog. I think you want 94807A015 $3.70 for a package of 200.

Reply to
Karl Townsend

Try this link.

James R. Freeman

They aren't stainless.

They do have stainless grooveless retainers, on the same page. But they only go as small as 3/32. I've already increased the diameter from .045, because I couldn't find any retainers.

Thanks,

Reply to
Gary A. Gorgen

I have looked at them, no info, just pictures. They have to quote everything. I'll call them monday, they probably won't talk to me because I'm not going spend $1,000,000.

Thanks,

Reply to
Gary A. Gorgen

You better keep some of them. You'll probably need replacements.

Bob Swinney

Reply to
Robert Swinney

Acorn nuts ? Seems to me. Martin

Martin Eastburn @ home at Lions' Lair with our computer lionslair at consolidated dot net NRA LOH & Endowment Member NRA Second Amendment Task Force Charter Founder IHMSA and NRA Metallic Silhouette maker & member

Gary A. Gorgen wrote:

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

I'd like to thank all that responded to mt quest for push nuts. I have a few places to try, but will probably end up buying the 5000.

If anyone needs .062 ID stainless push-nuts, let me know, I'll have plenty.

Again, thanks for the help.

Reply to
Gary A. Gorgen