Source for dowel nuts (cross dowels) left & right hand

I have checked mcmaster and the rest to know avail. I am building handscrew clamps. Need a few of them, left and right hand. I am not ready to lay out
the cash cuz I have everything but the dowel nuts covered. Mc master has left hand 5/16" all thread which I will weld to right hand all thread. Have baltic birch ply to laminate the wood arms and handles. I have found a left hand tap and I have some 5/8" brass rod if push comes to shove........sounds like a lot of work though. I see these dowel nuts on all types of machinery , why are they so hard to find? Maybe it is easy for mfg to make their own out of rods. 1/4" dowel nuts can be found , but I don't think it is stout enough for say a 12" handscrew clamp. Jorgenson makes do it yourself kits for about $20 but I could buy the whole clamp at horrible freight for that......maybe a couple of them. Thanks in advance Lyndell
Maybe i use them and dont know what to call them .
Explain what a D nut is .
Im a doer , not a "teacher"
Lyndell Thompson wrote:

werty wrote:

Round stock crossdrilled and threaded . Make them in left and right hand threaded pairs , stick them in holes drilled in a couple of hefty pieces of maple and tie the two together with rods threaded half and half . Commonly called a parallel jaw clamp by woodworkers . Also works great to break the bead loose on a motorcycle tire .
--

Snag aka OSG #1
'76 FLH "Bag Lady"
| | <<<< bolt _______|_|_____ | = | | = | <<< round rod w/ hole & threads | = | ______________
Thanks Lyndell

Lyndell Thompson wrote:

Is this a result of using a non-fixed width font ?? ...lew...
I think it was a result of too little sleep and coffee. :-) Lyndell

Try here: https://reidecom.reidtool.com/xephr/qbe/homepage I didn't have the time to search for you but they have billions of things you can't get just anywhere.
snipped-for-privacy@ix.netcom.com says...

Try here... https://fa.misumiusa.com/gwos/Default.aspx
Ned Simmons
On Fri, 03 Nov 2006 01:48:30 GMT, "Lyndell Thompson"

I just finished making 8 of them out of 1" brass rod, threaded 1/2 NC to hold a sigh frame together.