Left hand bolts?

Anyone have a source for reasonably priced left hand bolts?

Did a google search and every seller is asking a small fortune for 1 bolt, 3/8-16 $10.00+shipping.

Best Regards Tom.

Reply to
Howard Beel

McMaster-Carr lists grade 5, 3/16"-16, from $3 to $6 each depending on length.

Reply to
John B.

Thanks.

Best Regards Tom.

Reply to
Howard Beel

Jeeze, that must be 24k gold instead of yellow zinc on those things. $128.99 for ten LH 1/4x1/2 bolts? Bwahahahaha! $202.70 for ten LJ 3/8-16 x 1-1/4?

Look to your local bolt and hardware monger, Tom. They supply your local hardware stores.

In SoCal, I went to ABABA Bolt in San Marcos.

Fastenal ($13.11) and HomeDepot (no stock) are outrageous when they stock what you're looking for. I can buy two there in a plastic bag or drive to Medford and get 100 for less money.

Here in SoOr, I was going to SASCO in Medford until last year when their prices went apeshit. 4 years ago, I refused to pay $13.00 for twenty ($0.65 apiece!) M5x0.8x16mm black oxide SHCS at Ace Hardware and got a box of 100 from SASCO for something like $6.13. I stocked up on some washers, lock washers, and 1/4-3/8 hex bolts while I was down there.

A couple years ago, Dorman AND Hillman both doubled their prices for all hardware and local stores went to a 3rd source, but those are still the waaay escalated prices. Ten bucks a pound for deck screws? FOAD! It's gettin' nuts out there. I won't buy a small handful any more, I'll only buy in 100pc lots. Often, it's cheaper than a few singles! eBay's Albany Fasteners has good prices, delivered from NY. Stainless is just a couple bucks more than zinc/steel.

Google "bolt supplier near me"

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Well, McMaster sells lefthand threaded rod, 6 feet of 3/8-16 is a semi-affordable $30

It'd be cool to fit pentagonal heads and weld up a mess of custom fasteners.

Reply to
whit3rd

Local nut and bolt vendor. NOT somebody who carries that Hillman (IMO) crap.

Here in Az Copper State Bolt usually has what I need and a reasonable price on it. When they don't have it they can get it, and when they do have a price that sounds stupid I check around. Usually Copperstate beats whatever I find. Its nice because they are just down the road from my shop. Stuff I use regularly they stock for me.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

A few years back I thought I had a need for a one inch LH thread nut so I paid the local supplier $8 for one. Before I got to use it, the need went away. Now I need to invent a use for it!

Reply to
Gerry