What are thread forming flat dies made of

I have a steel bin with junk, and a big part of it are thread forming dies that are rectangle shaped. I am curious what are they usually
made of. A2/D2 or HSS?
On Monday, January 30, 2017 at 6:00:27 PM UTC-5, Ignoramus31819 wrote:

If you're talking about cylindrical thread-forming dies, they're high-end HSS (usually M4 or above). If they're flat dies for cold-rolling, D2. Hot-rolling dies are other tool steels; I forget which.
--
Ed Huntress

thanks