Re: FF6 transmitter fault

Following up my own message:-

> > If I enter setup and examine one of the programmable mixers 1 or 2, moving > the aileron stick left and right makes the R/U & L/D indicators change. So > maybe the aileron stick input is detected correctly. > > If I go to the TMEM setup function I notice that it thinks there is some > aileron trim saved. The other trim tabs make their up/down arrows change as > I adjust them. I cannot change the aileron trim indicator by adjusting the > trim tab, although again the correct potentiometer voltage arrives at the > multiplexor input. > > I think that might indicate the multiplexor channel for the aileron trim tab > channel is faulty. > > Before I get a soldering iron out, can anyone suggest an alternative course > of action? It a new multiplexor doesn't fix things I'll have to give up and > suggest they send it to Futaba. >

Do chcek that the rates aren't turned down to nothing or something stupid.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Thanks for that, but a model reset clears out everything to 100% with no funny mixes enabled etc. While I'm not familiar with the set, I've downloaded the manual and can't see anything that might be untoward with the configuration. I still wonder if there is some internal stick movement calibration thing that might be screwed up, hence was looking for a factory defaults reset.

BTW I thought the FF6 had a six model memory, but the menus only present 3. Is this normal? Perhaps an earlier model?

I've had no more time to look at it again, but perhaps I ought to haul out an oscilloscope and monitor the analogue pulse train before replacing the SMT multiplexor. A DVM on the mux output does show a voltage change as I adjust the ailerons. Not very scientific I know as all channels are mixed up together, but the fact that I see a similar change as when adjusting the other sticks might just mean there is something more weird happening.

I'd be glad of any more hints from anybody,

Reply to
Steve

Oh, I forgot to mention:- the setup menu still shows a saved trim offset for the ailerons. I can't remove it by adjusting the trim tab to zero like I can for the other channels. I believe all the setup values are stored in a serial EEPROM device - the

24LC04.

I take it this inability to remove the trim indication from the setup menu is abnormal behaviour?

Reply to
Steve

Yes, the earlier model - mine is the same, only 3 model memories. Can't be upgraded, unless others know different. Texy

Reply to
Texy

For anyone still possibly interested in the FF6 transmitter aileron fault (where the aileron channel didn't work and showed a massive unadjustable aileron trim offset!) I have now replaced the serial EEPROM and the problem is fixed. That was a nice cheap solution.

Reply to
Steve