Re: FF6 transmitter fault

Steve wrote:

Do chcek that the rates aren't turned down to nothing or something stupid.

Thanks for that, but a model reset clears out everything to 100% with no funny mixes enabled etc. While I'm not familiar with the set, I've downloaded the manual and can't see anything that might be untoward with the configuration. I still wonder if there is some internal stick movement calibration thing that might be screwed up, hence was looking for a factory defaults reset.
BTW I thought the FF6 had a six model memory, but the menus only present 3. Is this normal? Perhaps an earlier model?
I've had no more time to look at it again, but perhaps I ought to haul out an oscilloscope and monitor the analogue pulse train before replacing the SMT multiplexor. A DVM on the mux output does show a voltage change as I adjust the ailerons. Not very scientific I know as all channels are mixed up together, but the fact that I see a similar change as when adjusting the other sticks might just mean there is something more weird happening.
I'd be glad of any more hints from anybody,
--
Steve

Oh, I forgot to mention:- the setup menu still shows a saved trim offset for the ailerons. I can't remove it by adjusting the trim tab to zero like I can for the other channels. I believe all the setup values are stored in a serial EEPROM device - the 24LC04.
I take it this inability to remove the trim indication from the setup menu is abnormal behaviour?
--
Steve

On Mon, 13 Oct 2003 19:43:09 +0100, Steve < snipped-for-privacy@nospam.demon.co.uk> wrote:
six model memory, but the menus only present 3.

Yes, the earlier model - mine is the same, only 3 model memories. Can't be upgraded, unless others know different. Texy
For anyone still possibly interested in the FF6 transmitter aileron fault (where the aileron channel didn't work and showed a massive unadjustable aileron trim offset!) I have now replaced the serial EEPROM and the problem is fixed. That was a nice cheap solution.
--
Steve