help with g2 upgrade

Hi I was at a swap meet and bought g2 lite with full g2 upgrade the guy I bought it off didn't have the install number for the upgrade disk I don't know why they were taken off of the case.but anyway he told me I could phone great planes and they would help me out. I run windows xp and have done everything I can to get g2 lite to work and it wont keeps telling me joystick error. I was hoping that the upgrade disk would fix up the problem so I phoned great planes and got a very rude pissy woman answering the phone {BITCH!!!!!}.was told with out any type of help"sir what you bought yourself there is a used car without a title"and refused any help as to how to get g2 lite to even work with witch I do have the serial numbers for. can anyone help a guy out and give me the number for the Upgrade disk.A buddy tried his number for g2 full install but that didn't work I guess they are 2 different install numbers. any help would be appreciated. Oh yeah if Great Planes happens to see this post SCREW YOU!!!!!!! I will definitely stay away from your products in the future.

Reply to
Richard

Well anyway, just stay away from people who try to sell you products with all the copyright info scraped off the case.

Don

Reply to
Don Hatten

Reply to
Bill Fulmer

Reply to
Bob Bauer

Reply to
Richard

Not sure why the woman on the phone was rude to you, but she was doing her job. When you buy software you are not buying the disc you are licensing to use the software. Anybody could call and say they have a disc and are missing the license. When I sold my copy of Realflight, I called the support line and asked them to transfer the license to a new user, they had no problem doing that. The tech even thanked me politely for going through the proper channels. It sounds like you were able to get it to work, but I wouldn't recommend anybody giving you their license number because if you register it online to get updates there's going to be a conflict.

Reply to
Normen Strobel