Looking for Pics & Info on Ju-52 used as Glider Tow Tug

Hello i'm trying to find information and Pics of the Ju-52/3m being used as a Towing Tug for Gliders. There's not any information in the Squadron Signal Book for this aircraft. Can anyone help point me in the right direction to find what i'm looking for. I am building this now and would like to do a diorama with a Glider behind the plane getting ready to take off. I have one of the small BV-40 Armored Glider Kits from Czech Models.

Is this one of the Gliders they would tow with the Ju-52/3m. In general how was this plane outfitted to be a Towing Tug.

I also need to know where all the Cables hooked up to the plane so they could tow it and what to use for cables when fabricating all of this. What are the Right Camouflage Colours used on this Aircraft. I am using the RLM Model Master Enamels and i'm looking for the right RLM numbers for these paints Thank you all very much ... Carl ........ .

Rama-Lama-BIG-BORG ; BORG TEMPLE N.Y. Central-Park-West ; Master Builder of blessed temple KITS ; Keeper of Secret Temple Decoder Rings & Bracelets ; Fluent-in-1st--Degree--TALK-to-the-HAND

--TEMPLE-ETTE--Guards--SIX--&--SEVEN--

The----WORLD--WIDE--WEB----is totally jam packed with thousands of people who are Destined to be nothing more then a faded weatherbeaten

---CHALK--OUTLINE--- along the---INFORMATION--SUPER--HIGHWAY---

This is My Main Modeling Page and Web-Site

And Introducing "SPOT -the- CAT"

A brief look into what is really me
Yessss , I'm the -real- "Bad Santa"

cyberborg 4000

According to my William Green, the Bv.40 was to have been towed by a Bf.109. The Ju.52/3m would have towed something bigger, like the DFS.228 Troop glider, or the Gotha Go.242.

Reply to
The Old Man

stukas usuallt towed the dfs 240, so the bv 40 would make sense except i can't find any references to it. tom?

Are there any Models of the DFS-230 Glider or Any Other Gliders which are similar to it in a 1/48 scale Plastic Kit.

I did see a listing for Glider Kits but it seemed to be all in Japanese and I couldn't tell what anything there was. What types of World War 2 German Gliders are out there as Plastic Kits. Which ones are also in

1/48 for my Ju-52/3m to Tow.

Thanks I hope you can help

... Carl ........

.
Reply to
cyberborg 4000

According to the 2006 Squadron catalogue Special Hobby makes a DFS 230 in 1/48th. #SO48014 costs $32.46.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad Modeller

"cyberborg 4000" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@storefull-3112.bay.webtv.net...

Have a look at "Waffen-Arsenal" Sonderband S-65 page 13 for a picture of the "Starrschleppeinrichtung" a direct very short link between the plane and the DFS-230 Glider.

Dick

The publisher is:

D. Huijsman

"e" schreef in bericht news:aaUEf.448111$ snipped-for-privacy@fe04.news.easynews.com...

It was a metal constructon of appr. 2 meters long, a kind of lightweight metal arm (open construction) with halfway a offset upwards. I even think that this last part is moveable. These rods were later during the war replaced by a cable because this was easier to connect to the tail of the Ju52. But on pictures in the book both systems were in use in 1940.

Dick

Reply to
D. Huijsman

thanks! i see a mixed model dio in my future. where is the book available?

I bought mine on ebay.de Germany. It's called "JU52 an allen Fronten im Einsatz" Look for "waffen-arsenal" series. It is written in German of course. But I'm sure that there are more pictures available. I will look into my book collection. Details are not so often printed in books dealing with the Luftwaffe.

Dick

Reply to
D. Huijsman

I never realized they used a metal pipe to tow the Gliders with. I figured it would always be a Big Long length of Cable for things like that in every case.

Why would they be so close together when the lead plane was towing the Glider. Could someone tell where to obtain the book here and maybe make a Link for some Photos of just what this looked like and where exactly that the Tow Bar or Chain was hooked to the Plane and to the Glider. Are there any other Books that Show Gliders and the Ju-52's towing them. What about the Shiffer Book on the Ju-52/3m does that show anything that might be of Help.

Yes , this will make a Great Diorama :)

thanks again for your help

.
Reply to
cyberborg 4000

I have a DFS 240 kit - any advice on a Stuka kit for the tug?

Chris

Reply to
Chris Hughes