MRC 1/48 scale Ch-53

Does anyone have any advance word on this? I saw the ad for it on the back cover of the latest FSM. It says it's highly detailed but I've heard that from manufacturers before. Has anyone got any definitive info on this (hopefully) soon to be released kit?

Reply to
Bill Woodier

From what I understand, it's to be released this month. I had one pre-ordered from GreatModels.com but cancelled it as I'm a bit strapped for cash at this moment. There'll be plenty of chances for me to get one - or two.

Frank Kranick

Bill Woodier wrote:

Reply to
Francis X. Kranick, Jr.

Frank and Bill:

Spoke to Bob Lewen at Academy regarding some of the IPMS Reviews posted and aasked about the copter. He said the general release will be June. Full interior with the inside skin like the CH-47 and similiar detail. Will be pretty nice I think

Dave Morrissette

Reply to
dmorrissette

Thanks Dave. Sounds like a good one.

Reply to
Bill Woodier

Anybody know just what this is going to cost at the hobby counter. Wonder what all the X-tra Details and new tooling are gonna cost , Hmmm.

Inquiring modeler (me) wants to Know

... Carl ..........

,,

Rama-Lama-BIG-BORG ; BORG TEMPLE N.Y. Central-Park-West ; Master Builder of blessed temple KITS ; Keeper of Secret Temple Decoder Rings & Bracelets ; Fluent-in-1st--Degree--TALK-to-the-HAND

--TEMPLE-ETTE--Guards--SIX--&--SEVEN--

The----WORLD--WIDE--WEB----is totally jam packed with thousands of people who are Destined to be nothing more then a faded weatherbeaten

---CHALK--OUTLINE--- along the---INFORMATION--SUPER--HIGHWAY---

This is My Main Modeling Page and Web-Site

And Introducing "SPOT -the- CAT"

Yessss , I'm the -real- "Bad Santa"
quick LooK into My Life

cyberborg 4000

Thanks, Dave. Like I said, I can wait a bit on mine but at least one is a shoe-in for my wallet...

Frank Kranick

snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net wrote:

Reply to
Francis X. Kranick, Jr.

Us lovers of the MH-53 received news of this release with mixed feelings. We're glad to see the -53 series being recognized. On the other hand, however, the question arises, "Are they going to do the MH-53 Pave Low later? It is a veteran of many wars, lesser conflicts and contingencies.

I'd really hate to spend $70+ (at a discount) to get this kit and then proceed to cut it up and cut up a Revell H-53 just to get the interior and folding tail (which in itself would need some work to backdate it to the Pave Low). I've already invested plenty of money getting the Cobra/High Flight resin sets to convert the Revll kit to the Pave Low. I'll probably buy one to do the Pave......... but I'd hate to do it just for parts. MRC / Academy? Any chance of getting an MH-53?????????????

Reply to
robbelothe

Wonder how much Sikorsky added to the cost......

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

I will second that. I am gearing up to do a series of AF special aircraft, and looking at what is offered. I will have to wait and see what comes down the pike for this ofering.

Rich

Reply to
Rich

how much you got?

(Mad-Modeller) wrote: '' Wonder how much Sikorsky added to the cost...... ''

I checked the Web-Site and it says it is going for like $89.00. Now i'm guessing that Sikorskys ''cut'' has got to add to the price by atleast $20.00 or more.

Should only be costing us about $55.00 to $65.00 But thanks to ''Good Old Sikorsky'' it goes waaaaaaay UP to around $90.00

'' Booooo '' -&- '' Hissssss '' on Sikorsky :(

,,

Reply to
cyberborg 4000

Boo and Hiss are mild compared to what I'd say to them and their little lawyer too!

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller