Need 1/48 B-25B Doolittle Raiders decals - mine disintegrate

I'm currently building the Accurate Miniatures 1/48 B-25B Doolittle Raider kit. I have a problem, it appears this particular kit got a bad batch of decals as they disintegrate as soon as you try to remove them from the backing paper. I have tried to soak them longer than normal and also leave them on the paper towel longer before trying to apply. No change. They don't seem to want to move from the backing paper. I discovered this while trying to use the cockpit decals, so I then tested one I won't use from another area on the sheet and same problem.

The sheet was sealed in the plastic so it was not exposed in any way to the environment.

Does anyone have any decals left over from this kit they could spare? Even if you have the s/n's and some nose art I could just source roundels and the US ARMY elsewhere. I believe this kit is OOP and AM has not returned my email request.

Thanks in advance! Peter B.

Reply to
ptbpilot

Hi

Let me dig through my pile, and you can have the nose art and some of the serials from my kit.

I'm building mine (eventually...) as a straight B model. (w/remote turret, etc.)

Email me and send your snail mail addy.

Cheers :)

Reply to
AM