Revell Kits Not Shipped to Europe ?

was poking around towerhobbies.com and there is a code by all there
Revell kits with a list of countries that they cannot ship to.
Just curious, but does anyone know wassup?
Craig
Reply to
Musicman59
Musicman59 wrote the following:
If your country is not on the list, why worry? It's probably political.
Reply to
willshak
What, Me Worry? As I said I was curious. Do not recall seeing this before on this site, and have not seen it at Squadron, GreatModels... So who did Luxembourg piss off?
Craig
Reply to
Musicman59
: was poking around towerhobbies.com and there is a code by all there : Revell kits with a list of countries that they cannot ship to. : My first thought is that Revell/US has that nasty, horrible swastika either on the box or decals or both.
Bruce
Reply to
Bruce Burden
Presumably, a particular company, probably Revell Germany, has an exclusive distribution contract for Revell USA products in Europe. Some dealers worry about lawsuits, some don't, and I assume that Tower Hobbies is just playing it safe. Gerald Owens
Reply to
Gerald Owens
IIRC, Tower Hobbies is the owner of or co-owned by the group that owns Revell-Monogram now. I'm betting it's a distributorship thing between Revell USA and Revell AG.
Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.
Reply to
Mad Modeller

Site Timeline