Revell Carrier and Ship Kits late 1960'-early70's

I was just in my early teens then, memory may be fading, but didn't Revell have a huge inventory of carriers and ships in release?

Now they have next to nothing. Maybe it was all tied into the Vietnam War or something, but I would not mind seeing those 20 inch or so carriers coming back. I messed them up then and would probably do the same now, but then I 'm not a stickler for detail. Glued on fingerprints equals battle damage !!!!

Anyone know of a list of what they may have had available then and can list some titles? Anyone have some Revell catalogs from that period?

thx - Craig

Reply to
Musicman59

They're still around under the selected subjects release program.

For the most part they were repops of each other:

USS Forrestal and its sisters USS FDE and its sisters USS Essex with angled deck and its sisters USS Missouri and its sisters USS Los Angeles and its regular systers USS Boston and its sisters USS The Sullivans and its sisters USS Buckley and its sisters USS Forrest Sherman and its sisters USS Randall and its sisters USS Currituck and its modified version USS Norton Sound (A four stacker which was released at least once as HMS Campbelltown) (a fleet oiler)

That's all I can recall. Renwal had a complete set of 1/500 ones from Carriers down to fleet auxiliaries.

Cookie Sewell

Reply to
AMPSOne

I built the Saratoga (Forrestal Class). About 2 feet long as I recall. This was around 1973-75.

WmB

Reply to
WmB

While they may show up on ebay now and then, they are also being re- released. The "Buckeley" class DE is now on the shelves, for about $16--not bad. In a month or so, the "Essex" is supposed to be coming out.

Reply to
tomcervo

Musicman59 wrote in news:cf2fd6c1-0c66-4af4-8f24- snipped-for-privacy@x21g2000yqa.googlegroups.com:

Everything you need to know is at these two sites.

Gray Ghost