Revell release list of 2009's planned kits

Very disappointing, to say the least.

Hoosfoos

Oh, I dunno. I imagine a lot of those are ex-Matchbox kits.

F9F Panther, Noorduyn Norseman (I still have one in my Deep Stash in the original Matchbox box), T-2 Buckeye, PB4Y Privateer...

I'll definitely build the Buckeye as I never managed to grab one when it came out originally.

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

Yep have to agree.

The only one that jumps out for me is the 1/32 Eurofighter Typhoon with full engine. But it will have to get good reviews before I pay my money.

Cheers,

Nigel

Reply to
Nigel Heather

out the reissues. a lot of classics are back. the interiors are spartan but all of these can be biult into nice looking models. their jn4 is the best one out there and you can get a 3rd party cockpit for it. take the time to rig it correctly and you have a good looking jenny. my faves, the 1/72 german kits are back, too. a lot of fun to bash. i bet i mentioned i did the first 15 ar234 v models? cheap fun.

Reply to
someone

Nigel Heather Yep have to agree.

Yup. Wonder if it's a single seater or the two seater?..

Reply to
Rufus

either one will do me but I'd prefer the 2 seater......looks much nicer I think!

Reply to
SiG226

Yeah...I've got a sort of a tilt to the two seaters myself. What I'd like to see is a nice 1/32 two seat Gripen...drool...

Reply to
Rufus

Can't wait to see the Fairey Rotodyne back on the shelf. I think that was from Revell's British plant--who else would mold that? As for the rest, the Matchbox re-issues will be boxed up in identical format with the latest RoG stuff, and probably at the same prices. Might even be worth it if they do one of their "Superdecals"--looking forward to what they could do with the Privateer.

Reply to
tomcervo

ebayers don't seem to know it will be reissued. the privateer i mean. i've sat on mine and now it's more like a historical artifact. i'll never build it, but i'll never get a tamy 1/48 lanc in tade, either.

Reply to
someone

Reply to
Matt Wiser

Build it! You know you want to! :-D

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

mebbe

Reply to
someone

Oh, go on! Go on! Go on! Go on! Go on! Go on! Go on! Go on! Go on! Go on!

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

Their 50's stuff varied greatly--but that 1957(?) Bounty that's still being sold is judged one of the best molded, most accurate sailing ship models ever made. Of course, being Revell, they turn around and rebox it as HMS Beagle-- like slapping a pair of torpedo tubes on their tug and calling it a PT boat.

I built the Bounty when it was first released - I was in grade school at the time so 57 seems about right. In those days I didn't know about mold release and washing parts before painting and assembly - and some time after I finished it the paint on the lower hull simply peeled off in big sections.

Val Kraut

Reply to
Val Kraut

what you guys smoking over there, enzo?

Reply to
someone

Have you never seen "Father Ted"?

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

no, never have.

Reply to
someone

Anything like "Bless Me Father"?

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

,

FT was hilarious, got every episode, some really classic ones. im too young to remember the other Bill, and wiki doesnt help much

Reply to
Jules

Nope. *Nothing* like "Bless Me Father"... :-D

Reply to
Enzo Matrix