Revell Anniversary Reissue Kits - Pics anywhere?

In an earlier post a link was given in German I believe showing what Revell had planned to release this year.... There is no mention at all of this event except for the Pirate ship on the Revell website. Revell sure has changed. Now their inventory is largely cars and the aircraft, well they still are pushing some very old airplane kits. Not the Revell grew up with.

Great Models has them as pre orders but does not have any pics...

has anyone found a site with a list of kits and pics together??

thx - Craig

Reply to
crw59

Is this the site you wanted?

novice1

yep. that be the one. interesting mix of subjects.....not sure if I will buy any of them...

Craig

Reply to
crw59

The Tradewind looks nice! My Dad bought me a "toy" one in 1960. I used to fill it with my matchbox diecast military vehicles and do beach assaults on my bedroom floor!

Reply to
Chris Hughes

The Jupiter C and 105 where two of my favorites - Have one of each in my stash. Now I can actually get another and build it. The Jupiter C launch stand was modified to handle the redstone and mercury - would be an interesting variations, now maybe I can risk one in trying it.

I just wish they'd find the XSL and Space station kits and reissue them. Maybe with the renewed interest in going to the moon etc they'll do a space in the 50s series - we can hope.

Val Kraut

Reply to
Val Kraut

who made the skylab kit?

"e> who made the skylab kit?

It wasn't skylab. Revell had a conceptual space station basically a cylunder - the ends and center remained fixed while the two segments between the center and ends rotated in opposite directions. There were utility vehicles such as a taxi and a supply rocket docked to ports around the center. Outer panels could be snapped off to reveal detailed interior rooms. It build up into a really nice display. But like the Moon Rocket XSL-1 and Nuclear power plant seemed to be off of the price demand curve for making a profit and was never re-released.

Val Kraut

Reply to
Val Kraut

damn crs. i would swear i remember a skylab kit. the boxtop was a picture looking down at the solar array end.

If memory serves somebody did in fact make one. I could also swear I remember seeing one not too many years ago just as you describe. Grandpa John

Reply to
John DeBoo

i would maybe also swear revell.

Sometimes I just revile Revell.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr. ;)

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

I seem to recall an ad for one via "Marcos Miniatures" a bunch of years ago, but could easily be mistaken.....

Reply to
The Old Man