Italeria 1/12 Cockpit Kits

I was browsing at the local hobby shop today and saw an Italeria 1/12 F-16 Cockpit Kit. I guess these have been around for a while. Has anyone built one of these? It looked like it might be an interesting item to build and display along side the aircraft.

Reply to
Count DeMoney

I got the f-16 it is a real nice kit. It is highly detailed they even give you fabric belts. They have an f-15 I think as well. The kits are old but they just reissued them about 6 months a year. If the box is red and yellow it is the original kit.

Dan

Reply to
Dan

I also have built the F16 cockpit and I'll give it two thumbs up.

FWIW, I think they only did the F16 and the F104. IIRC, they had grandiose plans at one time to do many more...dunno why they didn't.

Jay Beckman Chandler, AZ

Reply to
Jay

"Jay" wrote in news:1154669117.445682.193950 @s13g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

I havent build the F-16 cockpit (yet) but I have one in my collection/stash and it seems to me that it can be built in a very decent and interesting model. As far as I can remember a lot of the knobs and switches are seperate parts so painting, although being a pain, can turnout to become a very neat job.

It's 1/12th so a little detailing will not be too flimsy and small to do, if necessary (I hate this word, I never know if I spelled it right) at all.

I seem to recall that Verlinden also wrote a book about this particular kit. Or at least he wrote a chapter about it in one. Which would be a good guide line.

HTH,

Dennis

Reply to
Mechanical Menace