1960-70's Honda ATV?

Model ever made of that fat tire tricyle ATV????

Craig

Reply to
Craig

ATV or ATC? If you mean the ATC 90, MPC made a 1/8 kit back in the '70s. ISTR someone has a smaller diecast out now.

Reply to
Frank May

Well, "ATC" is for "All Terrain Cycle", that's how I remember it. "ATV" is All Terrain Vehicle". Same thing, sort of, just different. :) Search for Honda ATC, without "MPC" gets you more ATC stuff.. There is also a plastic toy, fairly detailed, that was out back then too. I had one for my GIJoes & about a year ago I found another.

Reply to
Frank May

ATCs were available until the mid-'80s. But, actions of the 'intellectually gifted' did things, like applying the rear brake while rolling backwards down a slope, that resulted in the U.S. banning them because they had a "design flaw". If you've ever seen Honda ATC250Rs racing on a motocross track, you'll soon realize that there was no design flaw in the 3-wheeler, just in some of the novice riders running on a liquid lunch.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Hartlen

One of the many reboxings of the 1/25 Revell 1970-ish Chevy van included a four-wheeled Honda fat-tired thing, (Odyssey?). Very simple, maybe a dozen parts total, but doesn't look bad assembled.

Steve H

Ken Hartlen wrote:

Reply to
snh9728

Yes, that would be an Odyssey.

Hmmm, I recall seeing a resin Odyssey in a old issue of Car Modeler. A resin copy perhaps?

Ken

Reply to
KWHCoaster