Contrail/Sanger Il-76 & 78 vs Yumtk(?) (Russian(?)) IL-78

This is mostly for Ken Duffey, but anyone else interested, here goes. Received my two Contrail Sanger kits from Hannant's today & compared them with the other "jigsaw puzzle" kit. What a diff! These are the way they should be made & what I expected in layout. However, the Yumtk kit, (no wonder the word reminds me "yuck") :), is not a cut-up-to-fit their smaller machine. While it is cut in so many sections, it has much finer detailing & scribing than the Sanger kits & is molded in heavier gauge styrene, maybe twice as thick! Where Sanger's "windows" protrude, the "yuck" one's are barely noticeable. Ironcally, tho the fuselage & wings are split into too many sections, the "yuck" kit has the engine nacelles & pylons molded together, where Sanger's are molded seperately. Ah, but a small price to pay for a better quality kit! My unsolicited advice, don't bother with the Yumtk kit.

Reply to
Frank May