Honda SL-70 motorcycle kits?

Never had owned/ridden a bike, but they were my first childhood fascination with engines. Got my dad to take me down to the Honda dealer on weekends. He knew I wasn't gonna get a bike, and I didn't really figure that out till later, but it was great to sit on those big bikes when you are 10.

Anyway, I think Tamiya makes the first edition of the CB750-4 in 1/6 scale, but I just loved that SL-70. Honda also made a smaller bike, scooter like almost, with a formed sheet metal frame, for lack of a better description. had small fat tires. Think it was called a DAX Export 70. I think Tamiya may have made a kit of this but have not found it. Seems most places sell the fast racing type bikes.

I just want to relive my childhood in styrene form.

Help me out guys....

thx - Craig

Reply to
Craig

Tamiya had 16002 1/6 Honda Dax Export ST 70. The kit also includes decals for the ST 90. The kit is out of production and the last time it was re-issued was back in '94 or '95. Occasionally appears on eBay. Europeans are usually willing to bid considerably higher than North Americans.

I seem to recall hearing about a 1/12 kit. Not sure though. If so, it seems like a subject IMAI, no longer in business, or Aoshima would do.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Hartlen