Paint for Honda motorcycle models ??

have on preorder a 1/6 Tamiya CB750 Four. The plastic for the painted sections is a brown/copper color. For the price and size, I would like
to have the paint make the kit look a little less toy like.
any bike builders here who have figured out what paint best replicates the 1969 Honda colors? I'll take the copper color, if I have to but would like to know what other color options Honda used for that bike...
thx - Craig
on 1/16/2008 4:42 PM snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net said the following:

Here is one. Looks like all red except for a gold stripe: http://www.motorcyclemuseum.org/classics/bike.asp?id Google 1969 honda cb750 for more
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

thx. looks like a basic gloss red would work, maybe candy apple? I think there may have been a blue one too, but I don't know if it had silver specks, etc mixed in..
Craig
on 1/16/2008 5:15 PM snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net said the following:

They appear to be just metalflake paint. Here's the blue one http://www.vintagebike.co.uk/Bike%20Directories/Honda%20Bikes/pages/Honda-CB750-K0-69.htm
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
willshak wrote:

http://www.vintagebike.co.uk/Bike%20Directories/Honda%20Bikes/pages/Honda-CB750-K0-69.htm

Red, blue and gold were the 'stock' colours for that model IIRC and it was a very fine metal flake paint.
If you want the model to look authentic don't forget to include the rusty holes in the exhaust pipes just aft of the riders feet! They always rotted out there very quickly as it was a collection point for any rain/water that got into the ends of the up swept silencers.
--
Larry Green

on 1/16/2008 6:03 PM Larry Green said the following:

Good to know if I buy one. Note to self: drill drain holes in the elbow. :-)
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY