pleasant surprise.

i hit the hobbytown today and they had a bunch of the rereleased lindberg 1/48 kits.some jets that aren't more 14-15-16's blah blah, but some centurys and the f86. they also had the 1/48 stuka, which i like to bash. no cockpit detail, so lots of room to show your skills at scratching. i pulled out one of the last runs from the 80's, 90's? it was a bit flashy and the detail on the surface was a bit worn. i opened the new one and wow! no flash and good detail. it looks like they spent a few bucks restoring the molds. i know we have some folks that turn up their noses at lindberg and rag on them. well, ok, your loss. it's clean, it measure out right, even the glass was restored and....it was a 1/48 scale aircraft for $13! i have plenty of spares and some talent. the hardest part will be deciding what version to build. hmmm, never did a hungarian. wonder if they used the tank busters? that means research. looks like my kit will require some reading and bashing. in other words, it's a challenge. ok, spend the $60 on your shake and bake and $200 for add ons. and don't dare make a mistake or be less than perfect. me, i'll have some fun. now if them german 1/72 kits come back out with updated cockpits....

Reply to
someone

And that's what the hobby is all about.........

Reply to
The Old Man

some people seem to loose sight. but this group seems to not have many like that. thinking about it, this is a pretty bright bunch who know how to play and how it's important to the adult mind. i learned a lot from the late and much missed al s. i've decided that he had the right idea about sharing and not worrying what you got back. i wish i could read his posts.....

Reply to
someone

They were usually short. 'Terse' is the word I would use. ISTR once when he wrote a whole paragraph. It was so unlike him. ;)

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

I hate to tell you this, but that is a horrible kit... the wings are the wrong shape - they are too broad at the ends. The front fuselage is also screwed up, being a odd amalgam of a B and D model, and lacking the exhaust vent for the oil radiator.

appears to be based on some sort of allied WW II recognition model more than the real aircraft. I don't think there is any way you can fix it either. Here's what the actual early version Ju-87 looked like:
Pat

Reply to
Pat Flannery

be surprised what you can do. i can do enough small fixes to make it look like a stuka. like i said, this one is for fun. you'd be amazed at what you can do, to.

Reply to
someone

It doesn't need small fixes; the stuff wrong with it is major. You'd have to replace the whole engine cowling and do some major surgery to the whole wing outboard of the landing gear. The wing flaps would also need to be redone, as they are also incorrect. Good luck if you want to try it, but it would be a lot easier just to buy a new decent one. When I bought mine and stuck it together I knew something was wrong with it, so checked in some books and saw just how screwed up it was.

Pat

Reply to
Pat Flannery

snipped-for-privacy@some.domain wrote in news:jtwjj.197$ snipped-for-privacy@fe10.news.easynews.com:

If that's the kit that came with a build-it-yourself electric motor to turn the prop -- I had one.

Reply to
CortxVortx

i think it's been fixed over the years. no trace of that remains. still has the bomb and crutch releas but they don't mention it.

Reply to
someone