pleasant surprise

the smer walrus was a nice surprise. while the trees are a little flashy, the parts are not. good detail, plenty of parts. weak decals...so what? this will be good practice for the ca kit and will make a nice kit on it's owm. good price for a big kit.

"e" wrote

**** Neat. Hope you have fun. You probably already know, but just in case you're not aware, don't overlook the offset engine angle. The engine is mounted straight fore and aft on the SMER kit, while on the real airplane it is installed at an angle. The CA kit seems to have it right. Glad to see someone is building this kit. Keep us posted on progress/completion and thoughts.... ok? Cheers - Jim.
Reply to
Jim

i had forgotten the lack os smer kits offset, thanks for the hu. i don't have a digicam, so no pics. but i will give reports on progress and any problems/surprises. i do need a decal sheet if you have any reccomendations. thanks, jim. btw, i am looking for skin pics to check detail. they seem tough to find. id on't know why, but those old crates really are fascinating to me. beautifull ugly for sure.

thanks, this is going in my build folder. i'm always dazed by the knowledge and friendlies here.

Group hug! :Þ That kit originally was a Merit kit from the UK and has been passed around for some time now. Looking forward to some pics.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak

i don't have a digicam bill. i started the interior. lots of room for adds. gotta check the spares for radio boxes, etc. it's pretty cool for an inexpensive kit. we are pleased.

There are two sheets of decals for the bird from Classic Airframes Decals. Sheet I have is numbered 48-006 and gives markings for three British and one Argentinean aircraft.

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

yes, i think the smer will be an argy bird. thank you, bill.