Surprise !

Several years ago I bought a Lincoln 225 Tombstone from a friend . Today I finally got around to powering it up ... and it works . That's not the surprise part , because I fullly expected it to work . What surprised me was that after like 40+ years since I held a stinger I can run a halfway decent bead . I ran down to Lowes earlier to pick up some

6011 and 6013 in 1/8" , I already had some 7018 . 6011 at 75 and 90 amps left a pretty decent bead , though a little flat . Couldn't get it to strike at 60 amps , it just wanted to stick . I'm welding on a piece of 1/4" scrap . 6013 was a little easier to get a decent bead with , ran it at 75/90/105 . Amperage made a definite difference in bead profle . I did both flat surface and corner with both rods , and never even opened the 7018 . I'll save that for another day . Up til now I've relied on the little 110v Lincoln Weldpak 100 . But there have been times lately when a little more power would have been nice ... and now I have it ! -- Snag Learning keeps you young !
Reply to
Snag

Like riding a bicycle!

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

I was thinking of pointing out that it would be *really* impressive if he could do it while riding a bicycle. But that was 'way too silly. Especially for a Sunday...

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Now that would be a neat trick !!

Reply to
Snag

I finally get to the point where I can walk and chew gum at the same time and you raise the bar *again*!

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

I was having penetration problems with the 110 unit welding 11ga 1" square using .025 ER70S6/CO2 . .035 flux core was better, but still not optimum ... next AC cage I'll try the stick machine . A 220v MIG machine would be nice , but that just ain't in the budget for now . -- Snag Learning keeps you young !

Reply to
Snag

Actually yes I do have the gas solenoid , a tank of CO2 and one of C25 .

I'm in Memphis Tn , and while you may have a machine I can afford , shipping would kill me .

Reply to
Snag

I've got an old Lincoln Cracker Box sitting in the shop as well. I was using some old 6" well casing a while back as bollards to go next to my overhead doors when I was erecting the shop. After a great deal of frustration with its limited duty cycle trying to weld them with my little HF flux core feeder I broke out the cracker box for the first time in years. They are crude rude tools, and when I was a kid everybody had one. Amazingly it seemed to weld better after all those years of sitting there being ignored.

Reply to
Bob La Londe